A third of the t/f window gone and ............

13:47 RICKY CHARLESWORTH

Neil Thompson on Wednesday transfers:

"I'm sure things are moving on that. I'm sure the chairman and the recruitment department will look at that.

If I’m still doing this job, I may get involved in that but I may not. We will have to wait and see.

We maybe need one or two bodies to strengthen the squad. I think that has been publicised."

Doesn't sound too promising to me that.🙈

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Need manager in first. I suspect announcement this week may be to commence with re-opening training ground.

Understand have a list of potential recruits and homework as been done on them so when manager announced can move on whichof them he prefers.

Think recruitment process has been delayed because Advisors foreign list fell apart for one reason or another. Individuals who are in pole position are not advisors choice namely Cook and Thompson, Hence last ditch attempt to get one of their men in Coleman and Poyet put forward. The deeper into transfer window it goes the more the need for incoming manager to know the players in squad.

I noticed Nixon said the list was mainly foreign. Previously had said just foreign names on it. It shows where his info comes from and now realises that DC may not be sticking too closely to what advisor's say.  

Nixon also said difficulty interviewing applicants, which is a strange one we know DC uses zoom and if somebody wants a job you would have thought not an issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling they will be loans and free's anyway so there wont be long term transfers so the new manager shouldnt play much part... his remit will be the summer. 

It is of most importance to get the right manager in should that be now or in a months time.

On the transfers i expect Hutch to return, then we need a couple of loan strikers and a loan midfielder which im sure is being worked on. This will be helped if we can get brown and marriott back at there parent club.

If Cook is to be the new manager I hope he has been watching videos of our games since he got the word. He needs to hit the ground running and that means telling DC where we need strengthening and where we don't.

Hopefully he will have a few lower league gems he can get for a pittance.

Our top two priorities right now should be getting a new long term contract sorted for Liam Shaw, and two getting a new manager in asap, preferably Paul Cook.  

Only then should we be looking at moving players on and bringing in new players that fits the new manager's ethos and long term philosophy.  

4 hours ago, Jim said:

If Pulis was still here, he would’ve pushed strongly for a busy window. This is probably one of the reasons he’s not here?

Chansiri has made one good decision since being here and getting rid of pulis was it.

Just fancy, letting pullis loose with dosh...

Kin ell...dunt bear thinking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Surely any incoming manager needs to be in place in order to help define the parameters of the recruitment we're looking to undertake?

Sending the remnants of the recruitment team out to recruit to no particular pattern, plan or system doesn't seem like the best use of our meagre resources to me.

It would be the worst of both worlds to recruit players without a particular plan in mind, replace Thompson when results start to tail off, and have a new manager who doesn't really fancy the players we just blew our limited funds on.

I agree with the caveat that, whether or not we have a manager, we bring in a left back and a target man. Those two positions are fundamental to any team in the Championship and we desperately need players in those positions.