Where do you go to get food before home games?

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This.

As much ale as can possibly consume prior to the match in the put watching the lunch time kick off then walk down to here for a giant spring roll and curry in the main although the chips and gravy is lovely.

CHIPS AND GRAVY!!!

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't let me put you off

Give the place a try - everything else is fab

Its' literally just the sausage that needs deleting from life

Surely they can’t be as bad as a Premier Inn snorker can they? Nothing worse than knowing that you’ve got an all you can eat breakfast, only to find that virtually all of it is shyytte. 

On 10/01/2021 at 12:08, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 12.05.37.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 12.05.49.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 12.05.58.jpg

HOONG TOO - Chinese Takeaway on Penistone Road
Much loved for it's chips and gravy

I have had some good times outside the off licence opposite the Chinese  with a can or three in nice weather.  The Rangers friendly was amazing, I was with my 85 year old Dad who was having a great time boring the rangers fans to death with how he taught welding in Glasgow  lol ( It was pure pantomime ) there was also a bloke trying to drink a bottle of vodka down in one which was entertaining lol 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I have had some good times outside the off licence opposite the Chinese  with a can or three in nice weather.  The Rangers friendly was amazing, I was with my 85 year old Dad who was having a great time boring the rangers fans to death with how he taught welding in Glasgow  lol ( It was pure pantomime ) there was also a bloke trying to drink a bottle of vodka down in one which was entertaining lol 

Presume the vodka drinker was Wednesday🤪

Back in the 70s there was a fish and chip shop on the gantry above Pond Street overlooking the bus station. I'd have cod roe and chips as a standard. Could order it now if I wasn't 10,000 miles away and the place wasn't long gone. Don't think I ever knew the name of the chippy but it was a grand way to start match day. In the middle 70s it was often the highlight of the day as well. Lord we were dire.

3 hours ago, Craig60 said:

Back in the 70s there was a fish and chip shop on the gantry above Pond Street overlooking the bus station. I'd have cod roe and chips as a standard. Could order it now if I wasn't 10,000 miles away and the place wasn't long gone. Don't think I ever knew the name of the chippy but it was a grand way to start match day. In the middle 70s it was often the highlight of the day as well. Lord we were dire.

Was it called the friery? The memory fades but I think it had an orange sign

I seem to remember some cheese fritters  that probably did not contain any cheese 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Was it called the friery? The memory fades but I think it had an orange sign

I seem to remember some cheese fritters  that probably did not contain any cheese 

Think it was - someone else will know for sure. Had a very different menu from my local Hoyland chippy.They'd be queued up at 1.30pm on a Saturday.

On 12/01/2021 at 07:40, Craig60 said:

Think it was - someone else will know for sure. Had a very different menu from my local Hoyland chippy.They'd be queued up at 1.30pm on a Saturday.

There you go mate. You can just about see it on one of these photos next to Castle Bakery

https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/16739-pond-street-shops-and-cafes-have-all-gone/

• Like 1