Where do you go to get food before home games?

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 12.10.10.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 12.10.19.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 12.10.32.jpg

THE RIVERSIDE CAFE (and bar upstairs too!)
A favourite of Sheffield Wednesday office staff at lunchtime, The Riverside is great
They do a fantastic all day breakfast that is sadly totally ruined by using the worst most horrific sausages known to man
If you're reading Riverside - please please PLEASE for the love of god change your sausages (even if you have to put the prices up)

The toast is AMAZING - hand cut thick sliced proper bread

Love this place!

But they need to change their sausages

I hope they change their sausages

I really hope they change their sausages

If your reading this get the sausages from bolster moor farm shop Huddersfield best in the land! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The sausages at The Riverside are the only reason I don't go in there (I live 2 mins away and would be in there all the time otherwise)

I find those sausages in there offensive

I really do hope and wish with all my heart that they would change them

I haven't tried them.

What's wrong with them?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I haven't tried them.

What's wrong with them?

They taste like I've made them out of soil from my back garden

If they were open I'd nip down and get some pics for you but you know when you get a sausage and you immediately think "Oh no.. this is a horror show already" before you cut into it? Basically it's THAT

Then when you cut into it you can see the insides just aren't good enough

But the taste and texture is enough to make you gag

It's like a really bad cheap sausage you'd get in a greasy cafe who wants to save money on the produce they use

Let me just say though that I like everything else about The Riverside.
The staff are fantastic, I LOVE sitting outside looking across the river at the ground, and I really enjoy everything else they sell/cook

It's just those sausages

I know I'm not the only one who's stopped going there because of the sausages too - other folk I know have done the same

I really want to tell them my opinion when I'm in there but then I just think that I'm just one bloke who doesn't like their sausages so why would they bother listening to me?

lol

But yeah I (and a few others I know) have stopped going purely because of the sausage

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Personally, one would always try and call in at Le Manoir des Quat’Saisons, Oxfordshire on the way up from Cornwall for a spot of lunch...a much better class of rabble to be found thereabouts doncha know!🧐 always room in the car park for the two seater Bentley too.😜😉

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

Personally, one would always try and call in at Le Manoir des Quat’Saisons, Oxfordshire on the way up from Cornwall for a spot of lunch...a much better class of rabble to be found thereabouts doncha know!🧐 always room in the car park for the two seater Bentley too.😜😉

It is good... Snoots put me onto this little gem as we were talking once in the Savoy Grill.

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The sausages at The Riverside are the only reason I don't go in there (I live 2 mins away and would be in there all the time otherwise)

I find those sausages in there offensive

I really do hope and wish with all my heart that they would change them

Sausage meltdown!!

• Haha 1

Guest hirstysfags

When I talk about going to matches, the one thing I repeat to everyone is how I love the smell of frying onions as you walk around the corner of parkside road onto penistone road.