Assist of the decade?

Can you imagine if that had been an assist from a player from one of the so called big prem. clubs? it would be shown over and over again for the remaining cup rounds. 

It just about has everything;

Reading of game

Well timed challenge,

Strength 

Quick feet, ball skills

Powerful running,

Awareness of other players

Team play,

Accurate pass and correct weight of ball

For an assist to include all of those is extremely rare. Can not think of another.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

motd didnt even show the run

im still waiting to see the highlights

This is what irritates me. It's the likes of MOTD who constantly bang on about the spirit of the cup and how it's so fantastic that the lower league clubs get to compete with the bigger ones etc. 

But anything other than the top half premier League clubs only get minimal exposure within highlights etc 

• Like 2

I know it wasn't this decade but the  best assist I can remember was Bart-Williams at Man City around 93 or 94.

Amazing run and at the end of it his goalbound shot was poked in on the line by Ryan Jones, turning what would have been a wonder goal into a mere assist. 

• Like 1

Didn't watch the match yesterday but the previous two games, Shaw was easily MoM for us and, by the looks of it, was a good shout for MoM yesterday.

I can't remember when a youngster promoted into the first team made such a positive impact on the side. Maybe Mel Sterland or Mark Smith, perhaps?

18 minutes ago, poite said:

This is what irritates me. It's the likes of MOTD who constantly bang on about the spirit of the cup and how it's so fantastic that the lower league clubs get to compete with the bigger ones etc. 

But anything other than the top half premier League clubs only get minimal exposure within highlights etc 

I usually dont mind the bbc but the coverage was a bit hypocritica! yesterday...on one hand you had  lawrenson saying football should have a break and derbys team was decimatedand and they were playing the kids, on the other hand they were getting giddy about chorley winning..im with derby on this, theres other priorities

27 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I know it wasn't this decade but the  best assist I can remember was Bart-Williams at Man City around 93 or 94.

Amazing run and at the end of it his goalbound shot was poked in on the line by Ryan Jones, turning what would have been a wonder goal into a mere assist. 

i was there..my only time on the kippax...amazing stadium

they were singing swales out, and we were singing swales in...how times have changed

3 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Didn't watch the match yesterday but the previous two games, Shaw was easily MoM for us and, by the looks of it, was a good shout for MoM yesterday.

I can't remember when a youngster promoted into the first team made such a positive impact on the side. Maybe Mel Sterland or Mark Smith, perhaps?

Richie Humphreys?? Did he come through our youth team or the pigs? Can't remember.

12 minutes ago, trev said:

Richie Humphreys?? Did he come through our youth team or the pigs? Can't remember.

He was a pig fan but wasn't wanted by them.

He converted to an Owl, as did Waddle who classes Wednesday as "his" side now too - they were really good mates off the pitch in a mentor / apprentice type thing when at the club together.    Waddle was in charge for reserve matches a lot and really tried to get the best out of Humphreys - further up the pitch than left back!

• Thanks 1