Assist of the decade?

Some run that, then the quick feet on the touchline to get himself free when he looks like he's run himself into a corner is sublime, if it was done by someone for man utd, motd would be creaming themselves for weeks! Then the matureness/unselfishness/awareness to lay it off to Paterson to top it off. If he carries on like this, we've got some player on our hands!!

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, dykwim said:

Was Patterson offside there? 

No he might have been in front of the last defender but it was not a forward pass from Liam Shaw. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

No he might have been in front of the last defender but it was not a forward pass from Liam Shaw. 

It doesn't matter which way the pass goes, it's whether or not the player is behind the ball. Shaw could have played the ball forward, but Paterson still would have been onside.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dykwim said:

Was Patterson offside there? 

No, he was intelligent enough to watch the line, stay behind Shaw and the defenders, then time his run right. All intentional, deliberate. In the build up you see him check his run at one point to ensure he didn’t go offside. Paterson seems to get some stick for some reason but he’s a good player and an intelligent footballer.

• Like 3

I love it! As to the actual question in the thread title, yes. I think it is the best assist I’ve ever seen, certainly from a Wednesday player. 
Everything about it is beautiful and the fact that he left nothing for the striker to do other than stick his foot out was so cool it made me cry at the perfection of it!

This player, only a few weeks ago, showed his inexperience by getting sent off after a rash challenge. Now it’s three MoM performances on the trot! Ponder that for a few moments.  
Get in there Liam!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

No, he was intelligent enough to watch the line, stay behind Shaw and the defenders, then time his run right. All intentional, deliberate. In the build up you see him check his run at one point to ensure he didn’t go offside. Paterson seems to get some stick for some reason but he’s a good player and an intelligent footballer.

Having to explain the offside rule to the experts on here 🤣😂

• Like 1

Great assist.
It reminded me of when we were all

midgets at Primary school and another team would have a comparative giant loping about who could just decide to win games with physical presence like Shaw did yesterday. He seemed to stop and just shrug off two oppos because he could. 

hope he stays fit - and that he stays with us!

• Haha 2