Dem blavdes in next round?

Guest Therealrealist

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Why would you think that, it's now a well known fact they are the worse side ever in History...they couldn't even beat us when they were world beaters a couple of years ago.

They are a mid table championship side..same as us, could go either way.

5th round would be nice, just after they have played spurs, man u and man city.

Think they will end up in free fall mesen..

Freefall. Sounds better than where we are.

Losing O’Connell and Henderson has clearly destabilised the team but I also wonder whether that intensity they had has proved unsustainable. Even their worst enemies (us) would have to acknowledge that  Wilder had them playing on the front foot for three straight years. Bit like the Bielsa burn out syndrome - perhaps they are just knackered and unless you can replace like for like as Man City and Liverpool can, it inevitably takes its toll.

All told I suspect they’d still be favourites and  I’d prefer a relaxing cup run without the stress of a Derby in it (thank you Chorley) or a battle with dem blavdes. Please not Citeh though - had enough of them in recent years. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Losing O’Connell and Henderson has clearly destabilised the team but I also wonder whether that intensity they had has proved unsustainable. Even their worst enemies (us) would have to acknowledge that  Wilder had them playing on the front foot for three straight years. Bit like the Bielsa burn out syndrome - perhaps they are just knackered and unless you can replace like for like as Man City and Liverpool can, it inevitably takes its toll.

All told I suspect they’d still be favourites and  I’d prefer a relaxing cup run without the stress of a Derby in it (thank you Chorley) or a battle with dem blavdes. Please not Citeh though - had enough of them in recent years. 

Henderson is one of the top 5 keepers in the league, Ramsdale is nowhere near the same level. I’ve watched nearly every PL game this season and the main difference for them is in the boxes. Less goals scored and slightly more conceded so results all going the wrong way. They’re rarely not in the game but they never look like winning either.

Core of that team was built in league 1 and they had 3 seasons (including two promotions) prior to last season. So when they got to the PL they were well drilled and played their famous overlapping centre backs system.. the strength was in the team unit not the players.

As soon as they started to change players in the system it fell apart.. the ones they’ve brought in are decent championship players but they’ve overpaid for them. Spent £20m on 3 or 4 of them who are ok players but not of the required standard

They’re still better than us but that magic that Wilder had is gone and they will need to regroup in the Championship for a few years probably 

54 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Henderson is one of the top 5 keepers in the league, Ramsdale is nowhere near the same level. I’ve watched nearly every PL game this season and the main difference for them is in the boxes. Less goals scored and slightly more conceded so results all going the wrong way. They’re rarely not in the game but they never look like winning either.

Core of that team was built in league 1 and they had 3 seasons (including two promotions) prior to last season. So when they got to the PL they were well drilled and played their famous overlapping centre backs system.. the strength was in the team unit not the players.

As soon as they started to change players in the system it fell apart.. the ones they’ve brought in are decent championship players but they’ve overpaid for them. Spent £20m on 3 or 4 of them who are ok players but not of the required standard

They’re still better than us but that magic that Wilder had is gone and they will need to regroup in the Championship for a few years probably 

Agree, Berge is quite good but relying on Mousset, McGoldrick and the 86-year-old remains of Billy Sharp is not going to earn you goals; Ramsdale is a below-average goalkeeper and their defence hasn't been as solid, people have seen their set-pieces (a bit part of their success) and tactical innovations, and they just look flat.

2 points is hilarious, mind you.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PopePiusX said:

Agree, Berge is quite good but relying on Mousset, McGoldrick and the 86-year-old remains of Billy Sharp is not going to earn you goals; Ramsdale is a below-average goalkeeper and their defence hasn't been as solid, people have seen their set-pieces (a bit part of their success) and tactical innovations, and they just look flat.

2 points is hilarious, mind you.

LOL re Billy the Blade - but he is probably still their best attacker despite gazillions spent on McBurnie Mousset and Brewster 

23 hours ago, Tudders said:

Correction.... he USED to know how to get them riled up for a derby match. He’s lost his spark and can’t get them riled up for ANY match anymore!!

They relied on Wilders man management and drive to make up for lack of ability but Wilders magic is spent. They’re now being exposed for the poor footballers that they are.

I’m enjoying their downfall. The downfall that they always set themselves up for because of their bitter, little brother past. 

Cast your mind back....5 points clear and two games in hand, a derby they could afford to lose they said. We beat them to promotion in a monumental backfiring of arrogance. 

All week hearing about how they were going to batter us, we’d got loads out injured. Jos’s first game in charge. At the lane. 0-0 but so sweet to stop them even scoring after all the arrogance in the build up.

Start of this season- kick on for Europe they said. Spent £100M. Light years ahead... let’s see how that turns out come May.....

I love em. Great init... Everytime! 

• Like 1