1 hour ago, marshy said:

He was completely out off the game all afternoon, he did absolutely nothing for 87 mins or so, hardly touched the ball, but popped up in the right place at the right time. That's something you can't put a price  on.

Exactly

Think about it

If we had 11 of those players in the starting lineup we'd win 11-0

Owlstalk Shop

In the days of Forestieri and Hooper at their best, Paterson wouldn't have got a look in, but those days are in the past and we have to make do with what falls within our current budget.

I really like the drunken uncle he is. Maybe because many of us can identify with him.. technically clumsy, looking a bit overweight but wears his heart on his sleeve.

It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

With Players like Palmer, Reech, Paterson and Shaw in the 1st team it's like playing with two squads of players with their ability to play in more than one position.

A coach's dream.

He’s the sort of footballer that doesn’t seem to fit in any position ala Reda Johnson and Dominic Iorfa (when he first joined). Fvvck knows what Paterson’s position is but, hey, he’s doing the business, so long may it last 

I thought this was going to be about Gary Madine the Goal Machine. 

Scored a good goal for Blackpool yesterday. 

He does make some clever runs too. The run for the goal against Boro and yesterday was unlucky twice with a curved run in behind. I don’t get the “ not a striker” label, I think he is useful next to Windass or similar 

If he’s hitting the back of the net then he can’t be doing too bad a job. 

we’ve had more rounded players technically who have failed to do that as many times as Paterson has.

Not Patterson's fault he is leading the line , he's a big lump in all honesty but has scored 3 in 3.

Absolutely scandalous we are relying on him and have not brought anyone else in yet , for me it is our number one priority right now.

He’s a reyt lad. Proper character, think he’s a top man.

Can’t wait for fans to get back in the ground and show our appreciation. Baffles me how anyone can slate him when he’s scoring like he is. 

And we’ve been crying out for a real poophouse for ages. Could do with another 2 or 3 like him. 

Love him. Gives his all, plays with a smile on his face, scores goals, looks like he loves playing for us as well.

Don't really get some of the comments people have made about him. It's almost like they don't know what they're on about.

• Like 1

He is a physical problem for most defenders. Plays with a smile on his face and engages with the referees which is to his advantage.

More importantly has this knack of hitting the back of the net on a regular basis. Don't forget those long throws for Hunt and Bannan to get on the end of  lol