Alex Hunt

1 hour ago, Bing Cosby said:

I know he's only a small lad, but still looks lightweight to me. Think he could do with a loan spell in league 2 and a bit of time in the gym.

Without that I think its too early to write him off as he's certainly technically tidy.

This.

The lad definately has ability. He's showed that in glimses in a few games he's played. I certainly think he needs game time away from us on a regular basis. The thing is in todays modern football, players despite rolling around injured when blown over with a feather are still so strong, and he looks very small against most players. Time away will do him the world of good. If he cuts it at a lower level then he's certainly got a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meadowheadowl said:

I'd give him a loan out. Needs to toughen up a bit and play more senior football. It was fair to say he was disappointing compared to the rest of the youngsters who were really up for it, but I reckon there's a player in there.

I said in another thread, the youngsters need to get in the gym and bulk up and go out on loan. I imagine if they came up against some Championship players they would get bullied a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Because he has had quite a few games now and we've seen very very little. I'm not sure exactly what those who have seen something are actually claiming?

Perhaps he ain’t ready for our first team just yet and perhaps a loan move would help him progress. I’m just fed up of people looking for negative’s all the time, we won 2.0 away with less than half our first team. I’d say well done to them done to em all

• Like 1

Looks like he has decent pass on him and is good at close quarters.

But it seems to me he just lacks basic positional nous. The stuff that even if you are crap helps you stand in the right place. Its why he gets bypassed in defence and rarely gets the ball when we attack.

Needs a loan spell where he will either get it or fade away. He's currently a liability at Championship level. 

1 minute ago, Five Archers said:

Perhaps he ain’t ready for our first team just yet and perhaps a loan move would help him progress. I’m just fed up of people looking for negative’s all the time, we won 2.0 away with less than half our first team. I’d say well done to them done to em all

Bloody no edit. Well done to em all

2 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

I personally find it quite tedious when after a win when everyone in gushing about all of our players

• Like 1

Just now, Five Archers said:

Perhaps we should stop winning then to cheer you up

No I like winning but doesn't mean that we can't have a reasoned debate after a win rather than gushing and congratulations. We only beat Exeter, doesn't mean normal discussions have to stop.

• Thanks 1

Bannan went to Derby Blackpool and Leeds on loan before playing in the Premiership at 20/21 with Villa. 

Hunt obviously has bags of talent and let's not write him off, he needs loans but he is nowhere near Bannans level at 20 so lets be realistic.

For once it would be nice when we have won a game in challenging circumstances, to not have a thread criticising individual players. 

Why can’t we just say, well done lads, you all played a part and leave it at that? 

Guess I’m showing my age, from going to my first game in 1973, I’ve seen much worse times and much worse players.  Yes the clubs in a total mess at the moment but I still enjoy seeing the young players get a game and have pride in the shirt, regardless of their long term potential 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No I like winning but doesn't mean that we can't have a reasoned debate after a win rather than gushing and congratulations. We only beat Exeter, doesn't mean normal discussions have to stop.

Agree with that and think that should continue but to single out a young lad after we ‘only beat Exeter’ is rather harsh. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Because he has had quite a few games now and we've seen very very little. I'm not sure exactly what those who have seen something are actually claiming?

never say never ... i saw mel sterlands first games and said to my mate he'll never make a footballer in a million years .....you never know 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
23 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Ex@ctamondo it’s bizzare

2 hours ago, Steelman said:

Not good enough, failed to impose himself against lower opposition and couldn't even hit the target when he got his chance. 

Don't care if he is a fan and has come through the ranks. People need to admit he's not up to it and move him on.

TBF he would probably benefit from a loan spell and regular football somewhere but at the moment don't think we can let anybody go anywhere.

The foolishness of some people on here should surprise me but unfortunately it doesn't. It's exactly at times like this that successful high performing teams make an honest self assessment of their shortcomings. 

He's not good enough, I've not abused him, called him a pig to a dog, or anything like that. Just said he isn't up to it. No need for people to cry about it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steelman said:

The foolishness of some people on here should surprise me but unfortunately it doesn't. It's exactly at times like this that successful high performing teams make an honest self assessment of their shortcomings. 

He's not good enough, I've not abused him, called him a pig to a dog, or anything like that. Just said he isn't up to it. No need for people to cry about it. 

Nobody is crying about it from what I can see. I think everybody has seen all they need to know when you put above

“It's exactly at times like this that successful high performing teams make an honest self assessment of their shortcomings. “

I didn’t realise we were a high performing team.

• Like 1