Alex Hunt

33 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Sorry #truefan

Or maybe I don't like mediocrity which too many that follow this club settle for.

We’re watching some mediocre stuff yes, no one on here are settling for it. 
Absolutely baffled why you would single out a young kid trying to find his feet as a target for your frustration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwinowl said:

Early days for the lad still. 
He did struggle a bit today for me.

Not too sure what he offers but someone has seen something in him. 

He needs to bulk up a bit. Some lads don't fill out as quick as others. He's got something about him and has plenty of potential. certainly not up to Championship football at the moment and could do with a loan so he can play week in week out.

Let him out with a small wage contribution, his loan benefits us more than the club he goes to. If he struggles after 6 months of regular first team football at a lower level he may not be going to kick on but personally I think he will do fine.

Needs proper games, not just sitting on the bench for us. He's so similar to Bannan that it hurts his chances. Today he was in problems but didn't seem to play in his best position anyway. A loan deal in a football playing L1 team would do him good.

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

Not good enough, failed to impose himself against lower opposition and couldn't even hit the target when he got his chance. 

Don't care if he is a fan and has come through the ranks. People need to admit he's not up to it and move him on.

Bannan gave away some honking balls today and a youth product is the one you've sent for. 

Could just enjoy the win....

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

That’s the spirit and you are bang right 

4 wins out of 5 undefeated in 5 

just won a long away trip with a covid hit squad 

And we 100% need to single out a youngster with potential as not good enough 

glad you posted 

As Meat loaf once sang ‘You took the words right out of my mouth’

Personally I've not seen anything from him really. He really does need a loan so we can properly make our minds up on him. He looks too lightweight to me, I know it's the fashion these days that it's not all about strength and size but you have to have exceptional skills to get away with that. He's not Xavi. Needs to be on raw steak every night.

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Every player has a bad day, it wasn't his day today. 

To early to write him off. 

I dread to think, what will happen if Shaw has a bad game, given some of the posts in this thread. 

The difference for me is that Shaw has played a lot less games and already shown much more.

Hunt needs to show us what he's about.

Why grow up? You his Dad?

Obviously out of his depth........ I've seen nothing from him.

He will fade into obscurity, we shouldn't be carrying players like this.

Ok back in your box now steel man, very nice of you to pop in and have a moan at one of our young lads. I’m sure they will all play a lot better after your fantastic encouragement, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Ok back in your box now steel man, very nice of you to pop in and have a moan at one of our young lads. I’m sure they will all play a lot better after your fantastic encouragement, 

To be fair he's giving his view on an online discussion platform, not like he's booing him at the match.

• Like 1

Not good enough, failed to impose himself against lower opposition and couldn't even hit the target when he got his chance. 

Don't care if he is a fan and has come through the ranks. People need to admit he's not up to it and move him on.

Obviously a wind up.  

Great day for the young lads and comes on slating one of them.  Good effort. 

As for Hunt he would really benefit from a loan to a league 2 side and play every week. 

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The difference for me is that Shaw has played a lot less games and already shown much more.

Hunt needs to show us what he's about.

Think he was out of position today, he plays more of a bannan role. We will see, but a player like that develops with time. 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

To be fair he's giving his view on an online discussion platform, not like he's booing him at the match.

Fair enough, but why single out a player who hasn’t played a lot of games for us. The OP comes across as a person who likes to have a moan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Fair enough, but why single out a player who hasn’t played a lot of games for us. The OP comes across as a person who likes to have a moan.

Because he has had quite a few games now and we've seen very very little. I'm not sure exactly what those who have seen something are actually claiming?

• Like 1