Alex Hunt

He played really well in one of cup games earlier in season. 

Wednesday had to send players home today as they were unwell hence not full substitutes bench. 

You never know but lad couldhave virus and not yet know it.

He neds a goal it does wonders for a player. Since Shaw scored he has improved significantly and after today will improve again.

Galvin and Brennanbeing part of clean sheet will also benefit greatly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Not good enough, failed to impose himself against lower opposition and couldn't even hit the target when he got his chance. 

Don't care if he is a fan and has come through the ranks. People need to admit he's not up to it and move him on.

Lads played a hand full of games after getting promoted from the u23 but let’s justwritr him off now .....grow up ffs 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

That’s the spirit and you are bang right 

4 wins out of 5 undefeated in 5 

just won a long away trip with a covid hit squad 

And we 100% need to single out a youngster with potential as not good enough 

glad you posted 

Well said matey , shame we can’t support our own players I’ll bet a pound to a penny Hunt makes it big time 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Not good enough, failed to impose himself against lower opposition and couldn't even hit the target when he got his chance. 

Don't care if he is a fan and has come through the ranks. People need to admit he's not up to it and move him on.

Have you never had a bad game then ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He’s 20 year old. He has great potential. You can’t write him off due to one off day. I’m sure Bannan et al had a few at Hunt’s age. 

Chill out Bruv. 

Agreed Shandy. 

Can't be writing off our youth players off of one game.  

I do think a loan at another club in the lower divisions is the best way forward for him at the moment.  He needs games and lots of game in order to build up experience.  

We saw Palmer go on a season long loan at Tranmere quite a few years ago, and then he came back a much better player.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Lads played a hand full of games after getting promoted from the u23 but let’s justwritr him off now .....grow up ffs 

Why grow up? You his Dad?

Obviously out of his depth........ I've seen nothing from him.

He will fade into obscurity, we shouldn't be carrying players like this.

• Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, Steelman said:

You’re going to get pelters for even suggesting a young local player might not make it, but reality is not many of them will.

Even Shaw who’s getting all the plaudits was very lucky not to gift a goal away today and against Derby near the end as well.

Have to just enjoy what was a decent performance and result and see how the players develop. Don’t need to make decisions on any of them right now

Just now, Steelman said:

Why grow up? You his Dad?

Obviously out of his depth........ I've seen nothing from him.

He will fade into obscurity, we shouldn't be carrying players like this.

But he might not not fade away, the whole point is to give them time to develop not kick them out after 5-6 games .

The clubs starting to win games and you make a post like this it’s toxic fans that the club shouldn’t be carrying

• Like 7

I’ve seen him play so much better, and I’m sure he will be aware he can do better 

Think it’s a bit unfair to write him off, and after a 2-0 win in such circumstances today with so many positives, it’s typical of this forum to pop on and see someone digging out the only negative they can find and slamming a 20yr old kid