Osaze Urhoghide

48 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Remember him?

12mths ago he was the next big thing after his performance in our FA Cup win against Premier League Brighton.

We've got lots of promising youngsters but let's not get overexcited, let's give them the time to to continue to develop without lauding them as the new [insert legendary footballer here].

He burst onto the scene 12 months ago 👀

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Uroghide fluked a half decent game.

Shaw is miles ahead.

He had 2 very good games then got ripped to shreds if I remember correctly. When he was good he was very good for his age and experience. Then we gave him a game too far. It's important to ease kids in like managers used to. It's too easy to blow their confidence and ruin them.

Hopefully he can make a comeback to first team football.....slowly.

3 hours ago, Turkey Owl said:

Thought he booked one of theirs late on. Caprice I think. 

They should have booked that lad they had up front. He was full of shithousery, probably thought he could rough our youngsters up. They handled him very well all told.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Ronio said:

There definitely is a good player there, think Monk ruined him a bit.  

Monk ruined all of them I think!!

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Monk ruined all of them I think!!

Very true.

I remember when Osaze was on a yellow card going into half time, and I was thinking to myself, Monk better had take him off, as the opposition manager would target him as the second half unfolded.  

Absolutely nothing from Monk, no changes at half time and guess what happened, sent off within 8 minutes. After that he was out of the team.  

Shocking manager, absolute fraud of a manager.  

Absolute madness some even still defend him to this day.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is the rule we find a new hero so we have to attack another player, is that how it works?  I'm confused.

Seems that way,  bit too much positivity kicking about I think for some tonight 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Very true.

I remember when Osaze was on a yellow card going into half time, and I was thinking to myself, Monk better had take him off, as the opposition manager would target him as the second half unfolded.  

Absolutely nothing from Monk, no changes at half time and guess what happened, sent off within 8 minutes. After that he was out of the team.  

Shocking manager, absolute fraud of a manager.  

Absolute madness some even still defend him to this day.  

Yes. I felt the same. Abysmal management 

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is the rule we find a new hero so we have to attack another player, is that how it works?  I'm confused.

I hope that's not aimed at me, if so my intention is quite the opposite.

I'm just pointing out we have to treat the kids carefully. Of course there's an element of "if you're good enough you're old enough" but Urhoghide, Shaw, Galvin... even Hunt (who didn't have the best game) are all just kids so should be managed in and out of the team.

I think it's telling this year that we've put out teams full of kids against lower League teams and collectively they've looked the part, in years gone by we've put out seasoned pros from the second string and been humbled. Two clean sheets with back lines made up of kids away from home against lower league flat track bully type teams is excellent but let them develop before we demand they're in the team and then judge them as first teamers.

• Like 1