Who Enjoyed That Game?

Decided to watch 2nd half after not watching us since first 10 minutes of Huddersfield game

We looked pretty good and Liam shaw looks like he’s going to be a reyt player

Pleased with what I saw and I’ve not been able to say that for a long, long time

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I did.

So refreshing to see so many young players play so well.

Can only have done their confidence the world of good, and inspired other young players to come through and to expect to get a chance at some stage.

Nice to see some form of positivity come out of S6.

I did and for all the same reasons 

Guest Grandad

Gave me so much more confidence for next seasons promotion campaign

Obviously they're in the 2nd not the 1st - but it was still nice to see us cope so well

Two nice goals and in general felt like we gave it a good go. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that we've won 3 out of 4 since we took the shackles off a tad. Shaw was great and kudos to Odubajo and all the younguns

Fair play to the ref too for letting things go a fair bit more. made for a much more end to end game. It's felt like there's been about 35363227 fouls per game in the championship recently

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, horny owl said:

In our position I normally see the cup competitions as an unwanted commitment but today we’ve come away with many positives

Im having celebratory beers and I’m not used to it

Keeps the momentum going..

1 hour ago, meadowheadowl said:

Two nice goals and in general felt like we gave it a good go. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that we've won 3 out of 4 since we took the shackles off a tad. Shaw was great and kudos to Odubajo and all the younguns

Fair play to the ref too for letting things go a fair bit more. made for a much more end to end game. It's felt like there's been about 35363227 fouls per game in the championship recently

Though ref was excellent let lost of fair strong challenges go, only mistake he made all match was giving us a free kick when Shaw tripped over himself in 2nd half.

Wish more refs were like that one today.

• Like 3

Worth every penny that. Like many have already said, I cannot remember feeling so happy during and after the game. You expect the younger players to give it their all, but to see the older professionals like Reach, Bannan, Paterson, Pelupessy etc all busting a gut for the team against a lesser opposition too, reallyshows how well the team were set up for this mentally. The interview with Thompson was an interesting one for a change, mainly for bad Covid related reasons, but the small comment about preparing the players mentally for this one, just showed how professionally Thompson and the other coaching staff, have handled the football side of things. They played as a team and we have young talent coming through.

UTO!