Not pouring cold water on Shaw’s potential because he does look a real

talent however, we had almost identical threads about Penny when he broke into the first team. (I’m not giving up on him just yet either).

Needs to be handled carefully and crowds not being in the ground will probably help his development no end.

Though Galvin did well at times as well. Hopefully the future is bright.

• Like 3
Just now, sw1867 said:

Not pouring cold water on Shaw’s potential because he does look a real

talent however, we had almost identical threads about Penny when he broke into the first team. (I’m not giving up on him just yet either).

Needs to be handled carefully and crowds not being in the ground will probably help his development no end.

Though Galvin did well at times as well. Hopefully the future is bright.

Totally agree, it’s raw talent at the moment. Our fans are that desperate for a hero they are going overboard about a 19 year old who has yet to play a dozen games.
Need to calm down and let his obvious talent develop properly. 
Great performance today though 👏👏 

• Like 4

Not sure if it was news of Kieron lee signing for Bolton, but caught myself adapting his song to Liam shaw in the second half...

I wanna tell you, I might as well do, about a boy that’s one of our own, watch him playyyy for Sheffield Wednesdayyyy Liam shaw Liam shaw Liam shaw 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Not sure if it was news of Kieron lee signing for Bolton, but caught myself adapting his song to Liam shaw in the second half...

I wanna tell you, I might as well do, about a boy that’s one of our own, watch him playyyy for Sheffield Wednesdayyyy Liam shaw Liam shaw Liam shaw 

4/10

Must try harder

10 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

For the love of all that’s holy, his song has to be to Sure by Take That

2 hours ago, onefurlongout said:

Looks a great prospect. Can only get better the more he plays. 

Only time will tell where his best position will be

He needs to stop bringing the ball out from defence like that, we might decide he'd be a great centre back. lol

He's got too much quality for that, he needs to be in midfield where he can influence the game more.

Did well today. I thought he was going to have a mare at the start when he ducked under that early cross but he settled down and did very well. MOM for me.

Do agree with a few ; let’s not get carried away BUT a huge potential at this stage , has the strength that a lot of youngsters don’t have too at his age

Anybody else want to see what he’s like as a striker or attacking midfielder 

they say he can play anywhere 

he’s now got an assist and a goal from playing in defensive roles let’s take the shackles off 

19 years old, 6ft 2, good physic, good engine and looks like he has a bit of skill.

Any other club would have extended his contract before the final 6 months and before he broke into the team and could demand more.

We never learn.

• Like 1

Let’s hope this contract gets agreed and signed

He’s managed to shine in the majority of his appearances 

Made the step up from u23 look easy 

43 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

That's like a film still of the naïve young traveler Jonathan Harker being attacked by Count Dracula

image.png.5f0dee431799af9e0d11a2925652912b.png

• Haha 1

Brighton will probably be sniffing at his contract situation.  They are very shrewd at signing up young talent on the cheap.  

We need to give Shaw whatever he wants per week as he will potentially be worth a lot of money in a year or two 

Think he wants to stay. So he probably will.

The run at the end shows he’s wasted at cb though. Appreciate its needs must.

Needs to be in midfield 

• Like 2

Was really impressed with him today. 

I know Exeter are a League Two side, but they are a pretty decent side for that level. 

He looked head and shoulders above pretty much everything on the pitch and the run for the Paterson goal was ridicilous. 

For goodness sake get him tied down to a new deal. The lad has got some real potential. 

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Think he wants to stay. So he probably will.

The run at the end shows he’s wasted at cb though. Appreciate its needs must.

Needs to be in midfield 

Agree, could develop into the physical, box to box midfielder we've been missing. 

Brilliant today but he’s definitely a midfielder. The fact we’ve kept a clean sheet with him at centre back in two games is a miracle really. If Derby and Exeter had gone more direct I think he’d have struggled, playing into the strikers feet played into his hands a lot today. 

It’s confidence that brings it out of them though. People say about Penney, Hunt etc. and getting carried away. But there’s a definite argument that those players have broken through at times then been bombed for months at a time. We’ve mismanaged so many young players since Palmer came through. Fear for Dele-Bashiru in that respect too, clearly a very good player when the confidence is flowing through him.