Liam Shaw

42 minutes ago, trev said:

Wow.

Proper player he is developing into.

Only 19 too.

That performance will do his confidence a power of good.

I knew he must be pretty good if a manager like Pulis played him game after game. 

Is he out if contract in the summer?

Interesting that Tony seemed to notice his talent / potential straight away. 

He wasn’t previously given much opportunity under Garry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The awareness and unselfishness at the end to square it to Paterson too. Shows this lad’s maturity. A proper team player.

Thats what i found most impressive how many kids would have just seen the bright lights and gone for goal? Brlliant.

• Like 1

Only watched the 2nd half, but Shaw looked a rolls royce of a player... Realise it was against lesser opposition, but he's not looked out of place in the league and has really shone in this one, at 19 I think that means we've probably got a real player on our hands.

Sign him up! 

I’ve not read most of this thread just jumped in at the last page. 
My take is he’s a very good all rounder footballer. Pulis spotted it straight away. 
I actually think centre half could be his best position but he needs to dominate aerially more. His best attribute is his calmness on the ball and distribution. 
Let’s not get too carried away though as the opposition weren’t all that. Still he was up against a seasoned pro and dealt well with him. 
He’s a great prospect for me and needs to be managed well. 

2 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

I’ve not read most of this thread just jumped in at the last page. 
My take is he’s a very good all rounder footballer. Pulis spotted it straight away. 
I actually think centre half could be his best position but he needs to dominate aerially more. His best attribute is his calmness on the ball and distribution. 
Let’s not get too carried away though as the opposition weren’t all that. Still he was up against a seasoned pro and dealt well with him. 
He’s a great prospect for me and needs to be managed well. 

Probably one of the youngest inexperienced back 4 any team has ever lined up with , everyone of them were outstanding!!! I’m a proud owl this evening 

• Like 1

He's gone against a decent League Two side and bossed it. You can ballpark that the lad would be a decent player in the league above based on that 90 minutes.

That's not an insult. For a teenager to be at that ability level is pretty darned good. Really, really hope he kicks on and we don't have another damp squib. Because he was very good today

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

It's what we've been looking for since 2016 - box to box midfielder with a physical presence, and who's comfortable on the ball and scores and assists.

Only SWFC could fec this up.

Agreed.  Shaw is the perfect box to box player, he can defend, score and chip in with the assists.  

Midfield is where he should be played, not centre back.  

It is useful though to have a player who can provide cover as a centre back, another bow to his string.  

One of the few shining lights to come out of this club.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

Probably one of the youngest inexperienced back 4 any team has ever lined up with , everyone of them were outstanding!!! I’m a proud owl this evening 

Against the top scorers in the country albeit a League 2 team 

Brilliant, strong, forward thinking and extraordinary performance from Liam Shaw.

A special player and the future of this club - who the club is running the clock down on...

We need to make sure he knows he is being looked after.

Guest Theboylangers

I think everyone is getting a bit carried away if I'm honest.

A couple of crap performances and he will get dogs abuse.