Liam Shaw

Just now, s29wfc said:

Totally disagree, will be wasted as a centre half. Box to box midfielder written all over him.

Yep. 3 mistakes in last few games at CB which could and should have cost us goals. But that’s because a 19 year old lad has had to move from MF

100% box to box 

• Like 1

Great to have a prospect like him, young Wednesday lad 

Don’t want to get too carried away because a few mistakes could and should have cost us goals last few games, scuffed clearance across goalmouth, tackled when last man and then not going for a header today 

Hope people genuinely don’t start labelling him as the next XYZ player for us. Let him develop without the pressure because he’s got a lot of potential

• Like 2

I didn't see the game so can't speak on what everyone is raving about re: Shaw, but it comes across as being a bit reactionary to be honest. He's had a good few games and apparently a great one today (worth keeping in mind that it was League 2 opposition though), but it sounds like some are offering him the keys to Hillsborough already.

Remember when we gave Dawson a bumper 4 year contract after a few good games? Almost everyone seemed happy about it at the time, but I'm sure many are questioning that decision now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

I didn't see the game so can't speak on what everyone is raving about re: Shaw, but it comes across as being a bit reactionary to be honest. He's had a good few games and apparently a great one today (worth keeping in mind that it was League 2 opposition though), but it sounds like some are offering him the keys to Hillsborough already.

Remember when we gave Dawson a bumper 4 year contract after a few good games? Almost everyone seemed happy about it at the time, but I'm sure many are questioning that decision now.

I watched it, and the reaction is entirely justified.

Yes, it’s only Exeter, but that was a special performance capped off with probably the best assist you’ll see all season. He looks like the real deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another impressive game to continue his great form from recent weeks

There will be a few of the regular expert posters on here who will be hastily deleting their posts from the game where he got his red card

lol