Man of the Match - Exeter (FA Cup 3rd rnd)

Man of the match  

436 members have voted

1. 1. FA Cup Man of the match

• Wildsmith
    • Odubajo
    • Galvin
    • Pelupessy
    • Brennan
    • Shaw
    • Reach
    • Hunt
    • Paterson
    • Bannan
    • Harris
    • Dele-Bashiru

Shaw should and will win this.

But I voted for Galvin, professional debut in a very inexperienced defence, following a disrupted build up. After a shaky start, he could have gone either way, but he grew into the game and played with confidence - by the end he didn't look like a 19 year old debutant.

Hope to see more of both Galvin & Brennan (we already know we'll see more of Shaw) this season and hope all three sign multi year deals with us.

Shaw all day long for me. Very composed and that run for the second goal: pace, strength, skill, tenacity and vision.

Two further worthy mentions: Galvin, who grew in confidence and had a very good debut and also to Declan Thompson, who "spent his early life in a wheelchair after being diagnosed with Perthes Disease – a rare childhood condition". At the age of 5 he was told he would never be able to play football.

All 3 are a credit not only to the club, but also to themselves for showing the character and desire to make it this far. I'm sure their parents are extremely proud of them.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Agree Bannan does make us tick but for a player with his ability too many sloppy passes.

Hunt has gone backwards on the evidence of today.

Harris is the out ball , but end product is woeful.

Dele- bashiru, needs to be loaned out to L1 and get experience.

Paterson looked to me like he couldn't be fizzed today.

Reach can play but is as soft as a flump.

Galvin =  I didnt get a stream until 15 mins in so, all I saw was very impressive.

SHAW= Just gets better and better, already a presence in the side , bossing people about, comfortable on the ball, odd rick here or there, but Cruyff turns and drag backs from a 19 centre half, come on. = Well played son , the futures bright , a must to sign a new contract if we are to move forward.

Spot on bud. Agree with all of that!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Brennan a donkey ?

played well and kept us in it with his challenge on McCardle on the back post was brilliant defending had a real battle with their centre forward and highest scorer resulting in him getting taken off 

Stupid remark 

Not stupid. A bit harsh perhaps but not stupid. Has the Tom Lees ability of shatting himself when he gets the ball at his feet and only a donkey trips himself up like he did late in the game.

Half decent defender and I agree he did well on that incident with McArdle.

6 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Shaw was pretty immense really, shame for him that we have so many centre halves, he deserves more game time.

Isn't he a central midfielder? That's why he looks so good sraying passes and taking on their central midfield

Given the circumstances weve done way better today than I was expecting,ok its only Exeter,but there a capable side at home.

Shaws had a stormer today,not flawless hes made a few gaffes,that run at the end just crowned his day,its early days in the footballing life of this young lad,but hes displayed all his talent today.

And  its hard not to give similar praise to other young lads whove maybe not had that stellar moment,but non the less grafted and not looked out of place,ALL were a credit to the club today,big WELL DONE lads to all of them.

Thought it was a proffesional performance.

Wildsmith, 6, Not had much to do but did it ok. Kicking still iffy at times.

Odubajo, 7, solid defensively. I know he's not popular but he is well worth his place in the team.

Shaw,  9, I thought he was going to have a mare when he ducked under that early cross, soon settled down and had a great game, extra point for the amazing run.

Brennan, 7, almost gave an 8. hesitant to start with but grew into it and looked the business.

Galvin, 8. Looked very nervous at the start understandably but put in a cracking performance. Look after him he might be another star in the making.

Harris, 7, gave us an out ball, worked hard but just can't cross or shoot. 

Pelupessy, 7, If you accept he's there to do a job, he does it. No messing about, he breaks up play and then passes the ball 5 yards, sometimes it even reaches the player he wants it to. If you expect more he was a 6.

Bannan, 7, busy, some good passes but just as many didn't find their target.

Reach, 7, Quiet game, extra point for the superb finish

Hunt, 5, seemed lost, one very good tackle apart from that just let the game pass him by. He's got it but he can't find it at the minute. Loan him out.

Patterson, 7,  I complained about him all game. Didn't win a header until halfway into the second half, speed, glacial. No support but was just a passenger until he scored. When it counted he was where he needed to be and scored. It's what he's there for and he did it. Can you ask for more, I think so. If he'd not scored it would have been 5 maybe 6.

Other young lads weren't on long enough to award points but Dele Bashiru improved us when he came on.

• Like 1

Liam Shaw 9.9 - bloody hell !!! Like watching young Paul McGrath in his best days with both knees and liver intact. Wednesday, please don't fu*k this one up (us we all know we are liable to) and lose him like we lost Sean Clare and George Hirst.