Exeter - V - Wednesday FA Cup 3rd Round OMDT

Better team than expected. The youngsters have added a bit of interest for me but we're clearly down to the bare bones.

Dele Bashiru on the bench suggests he is a long way off a starting place under normal circumstances.

• Like 2

That actually might be a stronger eleven  than if we hadn't had the Covid outbreak. I doubt Paterson, Bannan, Reach and Harris would have played if more fringe players were available. 

Looks like a case of literally playing whoever is available, especially as we only have 4 subs.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yes, but we don't know the results of the Covid tests. 

They came back and said they were rubbish.

• Haha 2
Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Better team than expected. The youngsters have added a bit of interest for me but we're clearly down to the bare bones.

Dele Bashiru on the bench suggests he is a long way off a starting place under normal circumstances.

he's raw, you can see his strengths and weaknesses a mile off, his power is unbelievable but the games he played in his passing looked poor, could be nerves but he often miss-placed a basic pass, he could do with a loan away next season.

This is our springboard.

I can see us getting to Wembley twice this year.

Cup final and play off final.

If you could only win one which would you take? Given the price of beer in London it could get expensive.

Super Wednesday. It feels like the early 90’s all over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

That actually might be a stronger eleven  than if we hadn't had the Covid outbreak. I doubt Paterson, Bannan, Reach and Harris would have played if more fringe players were available. 

Looks like a case of literally playing whoever is available, especially as we only have 4 subs.

Would have thought that those 4 would ideally have been in the bench in normal times feels like a number of players due to start are positive....so 11th hour changes, hardly ideal

Guessing they’ve travelled down in 3 groups and the group with Weaver in it are missing the game for the obvious reason. 

• Like 1
Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Would have thought that those 4 would ideally have been in the bench in normal times feels like a number of players due to start are positive....so 11th hour changes, hardly ideal

True, in fact I'd go as far as to say they wouldn't have travelled ideally, but it was hardly ideal for Villa or Wayne Rooney's Derby County to play without their first teams either. The FA have made it very clear that they want the games played.

Sometimes you've just got to play the hand dealt and hope for the best.

UTO.

Used to love the F.A Cup as a kid. I hate the term, but it really has lost its magic over the last 20 years... This season in front of no fans with everything that's going on, I don't think I'm even bothered about watching it.

Sad really.

13 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Glad we've put a decent side out,let's win the game..!!

Looking forward to seeing how galvin gets on. Its suggested he's one that could make the step up. 

If so, hopefully today is a springboard for him and the others. 

Also nice to see Brenan to clock up another app. 

Edited by Maddogbob
5 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Given only 4 subs and presuming our remaining 1st team and U23's are either covid +ve or isolating surely the Cov match has to be in doubt?

Any more positives before then would leave us with less that 14 which I read is the minimum number for game to be played. All players missing today would still be isolating. Any fit U18s would have to play possibly.

6 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Used to love the F.A Cup as a kid. I hate the term, but it really has lost its magic over the last 20 years... This season in front of no fans with everything that's going on, I don't think I'm even bothered about watching it.

Sad really.

100 per cent agree. When a kid in the 80s FA Cup final day was the  biggest sporting day of the year. 3rd round day in itself was a massive day 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Minton said:

You know this thing called Covid-19 right? If they were available in any capacity they would be on the bench. 

Reading some of the comments I think some people aren't  aware of COVID!

19 minutes ago, heppers said:

This is our springboard.

I can see us getting to Wembley twice this year.

Cup final and play off final.

If you could only win one which would you take? Given the price of beer in London it could get expensive.

Super Wednesday. It feels like the early 90’s all over again.

As they used to say on South Park “Drugs are Bad” !!!