Team for Exeter

Obviously no idea who has covid, but if everyone was fit I'd have a fair few youngsters anyway, all of which i imagine are all available for the most part. So with that in mind...

GK - Render 

RB - Dawodu 

CB - Urhoghide 

CB - Brennan 

LB - Galvin 

RM - Kachunga 

CM - Hunt 

CAM - Izzy Brown 

CM - Dele Bashiru 

LM - Penney 

ST - Rhodes

No point risking first team defenders with how many are injured, then give the fringe midfielders/attackers a run out. 

38 minutes ago, Al98 said:

Obviously no idea who has covid, but if everyone was fit I'd have a fair few youngsters anyway, all of which i imagine are all available for the most part. So with that in mind...

GK - Render 

RB - Dawodu 

CB - Urhoghide 

CB - Brennan 

LB - Galvin 

RM - Kachunga 

CM - Hunt 

CAM - Izzy Brown 

CM - Dele Bashiru 

LM - Penney 

ST - Rhodes

No point risking first team defenders with how many are injured, then give the fringe midfielders/attackers a run out. 

Probably the most uninspired list of names I’ve seen in about 20 years.

But also surely izzy brown is cup tied?

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Because he’s on loan. I thought cup tied meant he couldn’t play in a competition which may affect the parent club directly or indirectly 

Na just means they've played for another club in an earlier round so they can't play for 2 in same Cup competition. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Because he’s on loan. I thought cup tied meant he couldn’t play in a competition which may affect the parent club directly or indirectly 

We would have to get permission from Chelsea for him to play though I believe. But no reason they would say no.

1 hour ago, Al98 said:

GK - Render 

RB - Dawodu 

CB - Urhoghide 

CB - Brennan 

LB - Galvin 

RM - Kachunga 

CM - Hunt 

CAM - Izzy Brown 

CM - Dele Bashiru 

LM - Penney 

ST - Rhodes

Luke Jackson has been on the bench twice recently including  last match so wouldn't  he be in goal?

Are we going to win this competition? No, we aren't so stick the kids in, let them gain some experience amd who knows what result we'll get. If we lose, so what, If we win, on to the next round.

The most important thing at the moment is staying up, The FA cup is a distraction we could do without especially with no money from the competition.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really don’t like these potential banana skin games. Be nice to have a good cup run. Hope our players don’t take them to lightly. 

I would think the youngsters will biting on the bit to play.  Players like Brown, Kachunga and Borner have points to prove if they want to keep playing football at a high level.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely impossible to guess. However, we are the only team with COVID problems who haven’t announced that it will be the U23 team. Also, Weaver was on the bench v Derby but he seems ok as he’s traveled down with the team. I’m assuming we’ll have lost 5-6 but the rest will play.

I wouldn’t play anybody today who might be needed in either of the upcoming league games against Wycombe and Coventry. These are big games which will go some way to determining if we stay up or not, which is obviously our priority

We can’t afford to have people unavailable through injury.