Chansiri has a point

3 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

All income from supporters and TVs etc has already been committed on the running of the club....wages etc. This wasn't enough so the club is supported by the Chairmans money to keep it at its current expenditure.

For supporters to prepare a shopping list of players needed in January for example......is a little ambitious. The money on income has gone.....the chairman has covered the shortfall.

He then gets derided by said supporters.....the same ones who want him to keep buying more players.....why......because they aren't. In fact over 60% of supporters want there money back.

Chansiri leaving would NOT put us into League 2 or administration

That was fearmongering claptrap and you know it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri leaving would NOT put us into League 2 or administration

That was fearmongering claptrap and you know it

If he didn’t cover the losses out of his own pocket. Ran it as a business based on income alone, the budget would be very low. Even lower due to the business having to refund a large % of ticket income.

if he doesn’t go into his own pocket to bring new players in....there won’t be any.

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

If he didn’t cover the losses out of his own pocket. Ran it as a business based on income alone, the budget would be very low. Even lower due to the business having to refund a large % of ticket income.

if he doesn’t go into his own pocket to bring new players in....there won’t be any.

How did he think he wer goin to cover fletchers 4year 40k a week deal...Rhodes 4 year deal at 37k a week?? Why did he agree to these horrific deals? 

1 minute ago, steve simpson said:

The budget would be income. Presently a bit of tv money and a few quid from selling scarves. Season ticket money that hasn’t been handed back. Bit obvious really

So you're saying that if the Chairman stops putting his money in the budget will be lower?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, steve simpson said:

The budget would be income. Presently a bit of tv money and a few quid from selling scarves. Season ticket money that hasn’t been handed back. Bit obvious really

So you expect working class fans to wave their refund so Rhodes westy and the like can continue to trouser their millions??

On 09/01/2021 at 10:58, @owlstalk said:

Absolute scaremongering fear and doubt spreading NONSENSE

Not completely. In reality if DC decided to walk we would be potless. He's a proud man and upset him enough and he could just walk away and put us into administration. 

Logically it's not in his interest to do so and organising a sale of the club would at least get him some of his money back. With the current situation where there is no gate income it might not be possible to find a buyer for the club, we just don't know.

I've supported DC until the sacking of Pulis, not because he sacked him but because it shows he isn't learning anything. Sacking a manager after 10 games just shows he didn't get it right in the first place. He's had enough goes at trying to get the right person but we just go from on error of judgement to the next. If something doesn't change soon we will just enter into a slow death spiral.

On 10/01/2021 at 18:18, prowl said:

Not completely. In reality if DC decided to walk we would be potless. He's a proud man and upset him enough and he could just walk away and put us into administration. 

Logically it's not in his interest to do so and organising a sale of the club would at least get him some of his money back. With the current situation where there is no gate income it might not be possible to find a buyer for the club, we just don't know.

I've supported DC until the sacking of Pulis, not because he sacked him but because it shows he isn't learning anything. Sacking a manager after 10 games just shows he didn't get it right in the first place. He's had enough goes at trying to get the right person but we just go from on error of judgement to the next. If something doesn't change soon we will just enter into a slow death spiral.

Thank you common sense at last. Yet still the ill informed post about new players coming in during January window. Would love to see it, but the heavily derided chairman would have to fund it out of his own pocket. I am not convinced he has much left.....plus he’s going to have to refund millions in refunds for this season. Probably to many who expect miracles with nothing.

I wish this wasn’t the case....but it is.

3 hours ago, steve simpson said:

Thank you common sense at last. Yet still the ill informed post about new players coming in during January window. Would love to see it, but the heavily derided chairman would have to fund it out of his own pocket. I am not convinced he has much left.....plus he’s going to have to refund millions in refunds for this season. Probably to many who expect miracles with nothing.

Fans are treated like customers, worse infact because it's bad business to slag off your customers.

If we are customers then if the product isn't supplied customers are entitled to a refund. I wonder if anyone paid by credit card and has asked the card company to refund the money because the service wasn't supplied. I doubt the CC companies could refuse. The CC company would then recoup the money from the business concerned.

It's a rotten situation because neither side is totally to blame. The fans wanted to attend matches, DC never expected to lose all gate income. It's just sad this has arisen. There are plenty of other businesses in the same boat though and they don't expect their customers to be fans.

I really am conflicted on this whole issue which is outside whether I think DC is managing the club well.

3 hours ago, steve simpson said:

Did you just start a massive detailed debate about the chairman, in a thread where the OP was just an awful click bait lame joke about Chansiri pointing?

😂

12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Did you just start a massive detailed debate about the chairman, in a thread where the OP was just an awful click bait lame joke about Chansiri pointing?

😂

Obviously, in your opinion.. Sorry for the inconvenience it’s caused you and thankyou for pointing out my error.  I have applied to join Opus Dei.....when the membership is approved, I will thrash myself half to death as a penance.

13 hours ago, prowl said:

Fans are treated like customers, worse infact because it's bad business to slag off your customers.

If we are customers then if the product isn't supplied customers are entitled to a refund. I wonder if anyone paid by credit card and has asked the card company to refund the money because the service wasn't supplied. I doubt the CC companies could refuse. The CC company would then recoup the money from the business concerned.

It's a rotten situation because neither side is totally to blame. The fans wanted to attend matches, DC never expected to lose all gate income. It's just sad this has arisen. There are plenty of other businesses in the same boat though and they don't expect their customers to be fans.

I really am conflicted on this whole issue which is outside whether I think DC is managing the club well.

Whatever the fans take back. The Chairman has to replace. His point was he was told at a meeting that the fans would support his efforts of moving the club forward.

Then when the bad times come they want their money back.

Yes it’s a business, yes we are entitled to a refund. Problem is it leaves very little money to support the business..

If they lower ticket prices, charge less for shop products. Then their is less income. With no support from the chairman, the income would support a smaller squad, on lower wages, very little money for transfers.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 18:18, prowl said:

I must have read a 1000 times that Chansiri is a proud man but since he has little or nothing to be proud of what it really means is that he is a conceited man.

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

I must have read a 1000 times that Chansiri is a proud man but since he has little or nothing to be proud of what it really means is that he is a conceited man.

More cultural than anything else I suspect. Thai culture is big on respect, most eastern countries are. In the west we are more likely to take the P even if we do respect someone. Easy to be taken as disrespect if you don't get our culture. I've lived all over the country, taking the P is particularly strong in Sheffield. Maybe it's just more northern than southern.

1 hour ago, steve simpson said:

Whatever the fans take back. The Chairman has to replace. His point was he was told at a meeting that the fans would support his efforts of moving the club forward.

Then when the bad times come they want their money back.

Yes it’s a business, yes we are entitled to a refund. Problem is it leaves very little money to support the business..

If they lower ticket prices, charge less for shop products. Then their is less income. With no support from the chairman, the income would support a smaller squad, on lower wages, very little money for transfers.

I get what you are saying. I don't disagree, as I said I'm conflicted, I can see both sides.

At the end of the day the club is legally a business and we are customers even tthough in reality we are fans and many are devoted to the club.

At the minute fans have the worst of all worlds, high prices and cheap players. DC has a massive money pit and no gate receipts, he never expected that.