Steve Bruce

8 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Says playing on in the current pandemic is  " morally wrong ".  If he's right or not is the snake faced cabbage head  the person who should be lecturing us on morals ?.

Leaving for a better, higher paid job is morally wrong in your book?

24 minutes ago, markowl said:

Leaving for a better, higher paid job is morally wrong in your book?

Not to mention the club he supports.

Loads tout him as Judas but in reality, if any I was managing Newcastle and, We were a league above, I’d be off like a shot if the opportunity came.

Think it’s more annoyance that Bruce would have got us promoted.

• Like 5

On 08/01/2021 at 18:48, 0wl18 said:

Loads tout him as Judas but in reality, if any I was managing Newcastle and, We were a league above, I’d be off like a shot if the opportunity came.

The thing is though if Man Utd came in for him he would be off as fast as he did with us. I don't buy the whole "boyhood club" thing, he wouldn't have managed Sunderland and turned the Newcastle job down on multiple previous occasions if he cares that much. The only thing that annoys me now with him leaving is how he did it, after we kinda rolled the red carpet out for him. If he came out and explained it all, most people would have understood, instead he denied everything and said he was going to "walk the dog." 

Anyway back to the OP. I agree with bruce, it does feel wrong, but kinda get why sport continues.  

• Like 3

On 08/01/2021 at 18:48, 0wl18 said:

would he boll**** of got us promoted. 

4 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

The thing is though if Man Utd came in for him he would be off as fast as he did with us. I don't buy the whole "boyhood club" thing, he wouldn't have managed Sunderland and turned the Newcastle job down on multiple previous occasions if he cares that much. The only thing that annoys me now with him leaving is how he did it, after we kinda rolled the red carpet out for him. If he came out and explained it all, most people would have understood, instead he denied everything and said he was going to "walk the dog." 

Anyway back to the OP. I agree with bruce, it does feel wrong, but kinda get why sport continues.  

Yes we are salty because we waited some time without a manager to get him in. It was as though he was going to build something long term. He had a chant etc. So for him to leave us so quickly is the reason fans resent it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

would he boll**** of got us promoted. 

The side Steve Bruce put together was 3rd at the turn of the year. 

Monk decided to tell the out of contract players they weren’t getting a renewal in January, froze 2 of our most influential players out and, the rest is history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

He moved up a league and, doubled his wages, hardly a surprising decision is it?

Just now, 0wl18 said:

The side Steve Bruce put together was 3rd at the turn of the year. 

Monk decided to tell the out of contract players they weren’t getting a renewal in January, froze 2 of our most influential players out and, the rest is history.

It was as much to do with the goings on behind the scenes as it was Monk. We were never staying there we were relying on an injury prone Fletcher. Not a chance Bruce would of got us promoted.