3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

That's exactly what I tought (I mean thought).

I had a manager at work from Ireland and my friend is called gareth, he used to call him Garet. The boss's name was Hugh. So we galled him Tugt. Assuming all H's are pronounced as a T. Stupid, very stupid. lol 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

I've convinced myself we aren't getting Cook.

Reckon it would have happened by now.

Going to end up with a foreign guy who doesn't know the league. Classic Dejphon Chancer.

I only hope its not that clown who was at Barnsley. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

the glaringly obvious call is to get rid of paxo but that is unlikely to happen which is a shame  . 

Just heard it is Erik Alonso who is the man looking for the next manager..

Contacts are mostly, Spanish and Portugese...

Unlikely to be Cook if left to him, I would think.

39 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Going to end up with a foreign guy who doesn't know the league. Classic Dejphon Chancer.

But...but..monk and pulis knew all there was to know about the league...and that didn't help much..🤣

• Like 1

Some right bed wetters on here, my guess is by now chansiri has got his man and they are batting about the details now and all will be revealed in due course 

It’s the typical everybody wants results and announcements yesterday 

I’ll also go for we will have a manager in place for our next league game and another two players at least signed by the end of this window 

which will mean only one league game missed which is on the 30th of the month 

One things for sure is the club won’t be sat with their feet up and they will be negotiating and hopefully being diligent 

yes the key word is hopefully 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Some right bed wetters on here, my guess is by now chansiri has got his man and they are batting about the details now and all will be revealed in due course 

It’s the typical everybody wants results and announcements yesterday 

I’ll also go for we will have a manager in place for our next league game and another two players at least signed by the end of this window 

which will mean only one league game missed which is on the 30th of the month 

One things for sure is the club won’t be sat with their feet up and they will be negotiating and hopefully being diligent 

yes the key word is hopefully 

This was my thoughts and would explain why betting market has been stagnant for a week now.

16 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

This was my thoughts and would explain why betting market has been stagnant for a week now.

The betting market being stagnant is because no one is betting on the new manager, it's a small small market with the slightest bet making big changes in the odds

I could put £50 on anyone on the list right now and they'd shoot up to be favourite 

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

The betting market being stagnant is because no one is betting on the new manager, it's a small small market with the slightest bet making big changes in the odds

I could put £50 on anyone on the list right now and they'd shoot up to be favourite 

Get what you mean but last Friday there was a sharp sudden move in the market when cook who had drifted for days suddenly shortened from 6s to 1/3 in spate of an hour.

This wasn't random bloke putting £50 on, someone obviously had word of something eg that cook was having further talks etc, since then nothing, no new names leaked as linked, no moves in market etc.

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Go on then, next manager will be Sven  stick it on.

Lets see if he goes fav...be worth it just for meltdown entertainment if he does....except he won't.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Lets see if he goes fav...be worth it just for meltdown entertainment if he does....except he won't.

This only thing that will happen is you'll be £50 worse off.

It's not a big market but the movement last Friday was not as a result of 1 bet it would have been an unusual betting pattern all one way.

45 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I mean I've only worked in the industry but in this case I'll bow to your obvious superior knowledge on the subject SherlyEgg from the internets

44 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's not a big market but the movement last Friday was not as a result of 1 bet it would have been an unusual betting pattern all one way.

No it was probably based on lots of smaller bets based on what was going on in the media at the time

34 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

No intention of backing anyone, never mind sven.

I was saying 50 would not make a new fav

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I mean I've only worked in the industry but in this case I'll bow to your obvious superior knowledge on the subject SherlyEgg from the internets

Did you go bankrupt?🤣

Talksport 2 presenter tweeted the below just now - doesn’t look good unfortunately

Paul Cook so good live with us tonight on @talkSPORT2.
Speaking about #SheffieldWednesday link said “has been talks but as we speak they are not on-going. Wish the club best whatever manager, it’s a fantastic club”

9 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Just to confirm what the poster above said. 

Appears it will be a foreign manager in charge then! 

All the best. 

6DBFAADD-D64C-4AFE-A0E6-01A3E8E3565F.png

absolutely clueless crap from Chansiri yet again.