Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My take on it ,Before Pulis the majority of fans wanted Cook ,Chansiri did not appoint Cook ,If Chansiri now appoints Cook and Cook is a Success  it will have made Chansiri wrong against the wishes of the  fans in appointing Pulis ,That is why although i want Cook ,It will not happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2021 at 13:14, WalthamOwl said:

Maybe Chansiri is waiting for football to be put on hold again to save him paying a manager to sit at home. 

Good shout that! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could just be as simple as negotiations over terms.

 

Both sides will be wary after the pulis debacle, the fact the covid situation has cancelled league matches until end of month for us gives time, still can see new boss announcement by Monday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Could just be as simple as negotiations over terms.

 

Both sides will be wary after the pulis debacle, the fact the covid situation has cancelled league matches until end of month for us gives time, still can see new boss announcement by Monday.

Hope your right pal cook would be perfect 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect timing to get him in now with this little bit of a break. Give him what he wants and let Cook manage the team. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Paul Cook not our manager yet?

 

It is literally like Chansiri has been put through on goal, no keeper in the net and he is going to hit the corner flag!

 

Sort this absolute no brainer out.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

For me, getting PC in makes so much sense, just don’t think DC will go for it, so frustrating!!!!!

Agree, very frustrating. Chansiri talks of the importance of style of play when recruiting a manager, but drags his feet over an appointment to such an extent that whoever the new manager is has no time to implement, working with the players before the next game. 

 

Surely he's had enough time, shouldn't take this long to make a decision. I appreciate we've never been prompt with these things, but that doesn't make it right.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Andre Green signing is the biggest indicator yet that we are going down the head coach route. Whoever comes in to lead the team will purely be brought in to coach the players and get results. I'd be happy for the club to move in this direction as I think football is moving/moved in that direction already. Sadly for it to work the structure above the head coach needs to be sound and competent. Past evidence indicates that this isn't the case at our club sadly. In a nutshell I think those of us wanting Paul Cook to be appointed will be sadly disappointed. I'm 99% sure we will see a foreign coach come in now. Until the structure above is sorted though we will continue on this merry go round and probably be looking for another appointment to be made in 12 - 18 moths time (yes i'm being ambitious I know).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree 100% with 109Waddle who said

33 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

For me, getting PC in makes so much sense, just don’t think DC will go for it, so frustrating!!!!!

 

It feels that a very decent percentage of the fan base are either pro a Paul Cook appointment and another % would not be strongly against as was the case with the Pulis appointment.

 

Come on DC lets got Paul Cook in and get this show on the raod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wmb said:

The Andre Green signing is the biggest indicator yet that we are going down the head coach route. Whoever comes in to lead the team will purely be brought in to coach the players and get results. I'd be happy for the club to move in this direction as I think football is moving/moved in that direction already. Sadly for it to work the structure above the head coach needs to be sound and competent. Past evidence indicates that this isn't the case at our club sadly. In a nutshell I think those of us wanting Paul Cook to be appointed will be sadly disappointed. I'm 99% sure we will see a foreign coach come in now. Until the structure above is sorted though we will continue on this merry go round and probably be looking for another appointment to be made in 12 - 18 moths time (yes i'm being ambitious I know).

Wouldn't read too much into it, Green has been a long time target and desperately short of attacking options, despite him not being the centre forward we need.

 

As for Marriot, derby couldn't afford his recall so we are stuck with him for the season. 

 

You could also view Green as a Cook type signing, he plays 4231 and Green perfectly suited to the wide roles in the 3, needed if Windass leaves, as would be expected of Cook is appointed.

 

Who knows with Chansiri though, he  likes to play real life championship manager, just without the manager bit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cook wasn’t my number one choice as a manager to take us forward. However, the idea has grown on me, so much so, that I now believe he is the best candidate for the job. Timing is a big factor in any appointment, and given our still precarious position, the end of January is not an ideal time to appoint a new manager with a completely new way of doing things. This rules out a lot of the continental candidates, as in most cases, they would not have enough time on the training ground to get their ideas across Were it the summer, then maybe that would be different. 
Given that we are half way through the window, and the financial constraints, our squad is unlikely to be radically different to how it is today. Cook is used to working on a shoestring, and can motivate players. If he could launch a struggling team like Wigan on the sort of run, that in normal circumstances, would have had them well clear of the relegation spots, there is no reason why he cannot do something similar here. Any fears I had about him being another negative manager, born partly from my own ignorance, have now been allayed Reading testimonials from people who have seen his work at close hand, it’s been nothing but praise for the work he did. So yes, I’m in

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Cook wasn’t my number one choice as a manager to take us forward. However, the idea has grown on me, so much so, that I now believe he is the best candidate for the job. Timing is a big factor in any appointment, and given our still precarious position, the end of January is not an ideal time to appoint a new manager with a completely new way of doing things. This rules out a lot of the continental candidates, as in most cases, they would not have enough time on the training ground to get their ideas across Were it the summer, then maybe that would be different. 
Given that we are half way through the window, and the financial constraints, our squad is unlikely to be radically different to how it is today. Cook is used to working on a shoestring, and can motivate players. If he could launch a struggling team like Wigan on the sort of run, that in normal circumstances, would have had them well clear of the relegation spots, there is no reason why he cannot do something similar here. Any fears I had about him being another negative manager, born partly from my own ignorance, have now been allayed Reading testimonials from people who have seen his work at close hand, it’s been nothing but praise for the work he did. So yes, I’m in

Shame it’s not going to be him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...