Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Christ, I thought some on here would realise it’s not as simple as just bringing him in. Sure he might want to come, but im sure there’s many areas that would need agreeing first. And whose to say he’s happy with what we’ve offered him, if we actually have? 
 

Going on like he’d sign a blank contract because he’s apparently desperate to manage us? 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Christ, I thought some on here would realise it’s not as simple as just bringing him in. Sure he might want to come, but im sure there’s many areas that would need agreeing first. And whose to say he’s happy with what we’ve offered him, if we actually have? 
 

Going on like he’d sign a blank contract because he’s apparently desperate to manage us? 

 

I would imagine the small change jar that contains our available funds and the pending losses of numerous squad members (if not this month then in the summer) might be a bit of a problem just for starters.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Maybe Chansiri is waiting for football to be put on hold again to save him paying a manager to sit at home. 

That’s probably the most sensible post you have ever made 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the event of football being put on hold we would still need a capable Manager like Paul Cook to have a plan re player contracts,  determine playing strategy and identify recruitment needs.

 

At this very moment in time Liam Shaw could depart S6 in the summer and we would receive only derisory compensation.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sherlyegg should understand that there is a difference between idetifying recruitment needs, e.g big target man than sourcing the likely players.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Maybe Chansiri is waiting for football to be put on hold again to save him paying a manager to sit at home. 

A sensible and prudent call if so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally feel that Birmingham City might possibly be the team we could overtake together with Wycombe and Rotherham to ensure survival in the Championship.

 

Karanka's job must surely be hanging by a thread.

 

What a horrible irony it would be if Karanka is fired and they act with speed to appoint Paul Cook who then proceeds to relegate us.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I personally feel that Birmingham City might possibly be the team we could overtake together with Wycombe and Rotherham to ensure survival in the Championship.

 

Karanka's job must surely be hanging by a thread.

 

What a horrible irony it would be if Karanka is fired and they act with speed to appoint Paul Cook who then proceeds to relegate us.

Not sure, as things stand, Birmingham have much better striking options than us, as do most sides at the bottom. In the end, that will be the deciding factor I believe. A lot depends on this window

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be classic Chansiri when all the fans are really fed up of with the way he's running the club, to not employ the guy that most fans want and potentially bring back some positivity.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

It would be classic Chansiri when all the fans are really fed up of with the way he's running the club, to not employ the guy that most fans want and potentially bring back some positivity.

 

 

Memories of Rhodes may be haunting him

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Sherlyegg should understand that there is a difference between idetifying recruitment needs, e.g big target man than sourcing the likely players.

Owls Loyal should understand, cook will have no say on who comes and goes..

 

See we have signed Andre Green without a manager in place who'd a thunk it..well some might have..

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really was not making that point.

 

Whethyer effective or not, I do appreciate that under the DC model the Recruitment Team source the players.

 

What I was describing was identifying the recruitment need/focus, e.g we need a decent target man so go and find one that we can affiord.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely by now IF we were talking to Cook, it would have been sorted wouldn't it?

What else can they be talking about? The weather in Thailand?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...