In the event of football being put on hold we would still need a capable Manager like Paul Cook to have a plan re player contracts,  determine playing strategy and identify recruitment needs.

At this very moment in time Liam Shaw could depart S6 in the summer and we would receive only derisory compensation.

• Thanks 1

I personally feel that Birmingham City might possibly be the team we could overtake together with Wycombe and Rotherham to ensure survival in the Championship.

Karanka's job must surely be hanging by a thread.

What a horrible irony it would be if Karanka is fired and they act with speed to appoint Paul Cook who then proceeds to relegate us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I personally feel that Birmingham City might possibly be the team we could overtake together with Wycombe and Rotherham to ensure survival in the Championship.

Karanka's job must surely be hanging by a thread.

What a horrible irony it would be if Karanka is fired and they act with speed to appoint Paul Cook who then proceeds to relegate us.

Not sure, as things stand, Birmingham have much better striking options than us, as do most sides at the bottom. In the end, that will be the deciding factor I believe. A lot depends on this window

3 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

It would be classic Chansiri when all the fans are really fed up of with the way he's running the club, to not employ the guy that most fans want and potentially bring back some positivity.

Memories of Rhodes may be haunting him

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Sherlyegg should understand that there is a difference between idetifying recruitment needs, e.g big target man than sourcing the likely players.

Owls Loyal should understand, cook will have no say on who comes and goes..

See we have signed Andre Green without a manager in place who'd a thunk it..well some might have..

• Like 1

I really was not making that point.

Whethyer effective or not, I do appreciate that under the DC model the Recruitment Team source the players.

What I was describing was identifying the recruitment need/focus, e.g we need a decent target man so go and find one that we can affiord.

• Like 1