47 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Looks like Alan BIggs' Paul Cook campaign is going to succeed.

Odds collapsing on Cook now odds on.

Good appointment IMO wanted him when Monk was sacked

Cook is 2/1 on.

When he gets to 10/1 on, I'd agree a deal has been done.

The fact Joey Barton is still second favourite (who has zero chance) tells me it is not a done deal yet.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

I can confirm just seen him KFC car park doing a zoom call withDC, copper came over and asked him why he was so far from home and he said for work! 

Was he in a car supplied by Montys Toyota perchance? 

Guest LondonOwl313
27 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Genuine question.. did something go off with them while at wigan? I should know but I dont. 

I just had a google and it doesn’t say much beyond that they didn’t see eye to eye and that he had to train with the kids towards the end at Wigan.

Sounds a bit like Monk getting a new job and rocking up to find Westwood in goal

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Cook is 2/1 on.

The fact Joey Barton is still second favourite (who has zero chance) tells me it is not a done deal yet.

i seem to remember last time we had managers at 1/10 or even 1/20. Think it was Cowley and Rowett. 

44 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not the exciting appointment I’d hoped for but should keep us in the league.  I suppose with Chansiri in charge we can’t exactly dream of promotion anytime soon anyway, so Cook will do for me. 

Who is the exciting appointment you were hoping for?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Rather have a foreign manager.

Cook only played attacking football at the clubs he was expecting to get promotion at.

I dont know whether this is true or not but his Wigan side did score 57 goals last season which put them roughly mid table in terms of scoring.

So perhaps not attacking football as such but not completely defensively minded either.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Cook is 2/1 on.

This.

Maybe Cook has had an interview or something, but 1/2 odds alone don't imply a done deal to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Cook is 2/1 on.

Joey Barton is only there because he is available, but no indication that club are remotely interested. Easy money for bookies 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I just don't see this happening.   I am sure Cook would love the job , but I do think DC will look to the overseas market having been burned by Bruce and Pulis, and falling out with Monk at the end.

I think you are correct here, pretty sure DC would see a foreign coach as easier to deal with