On 11/01/2021 at 16:34, mogbad said:

To but honest mate I'm not enthused about any of the names mentioned. We could all probably come up with more negatives than positives for all of them. I guess it's a reflection of where DC has put the club. My gut feeling & nothing else says go foreign but our current position tells me now isn't the time. Cook may prove to be the best for our current position but they all leave me a bit "meh". 

Everything about our club last cup of yrs been a bit “meh” tbh

• Like 1

All boils down to old school I know a chap that will do you the job! Until we get a ceo which dc repeatedly said we don’t need same old same old? ‘The advisors ‘ continue to run the show!! Come on dc prove me wrong 

• Like 2

So while we are dragging our heels through the deep poo we are in without a manager, other teams in slightly less poo than us are signing players to help them get out of the poo.

I am referring to QPR who are just above us in the table and have signed Charlie Austin who has scored on his debut.

If we go down it will be well and truly deserved and DC will have brought it all on himself.

Sort it out. Get Cook in and sign some players!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

So while we are dragging our heels through the deep poo we are in without a manager, other teams in slightly less poo than us are signing players to help them get out of the poo.

I am referring to QPR who are just above us in the table and have signed Charlie Austin who has scored on his debut.

If we go down it will be well and truly deserved and DC will have brought it all on himself.

Absolutely. We should have had a striker lined up at the very beginning of January.

Despair at how we’re run. 

1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

Exactly this. Yet more shocking planning from the club. We should have had players lined up to sign as soon as the window opened, we have been shocking upfront all season and have known we needed players to strengthen that position especially. Cook should have been named as our manager by now, Chansiri showing no urgency when we are in such a poor position in the table will cost us our place in the league if he carries on this way. 

55 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Nearly everybody wanted Pulis sacking....he gets sacked..yay..yippee.

Win three on the trot...boo.. we should have another shyte manager by now.

🤣

We need a football manager so we can get the players in that he wants rather than some puppet who will arrive at the end of the window to make the best of the random selection of players put together by DC and his advisors.

This is not difficult to understand and is the minimum I would have expected when I purchased my ST two years ago.

Cook would be a positive appointment in the eyes of many Owls so lets get him in and back him with some signings.

6 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

We need a football manager so we can get the players in that he wants rather than some puppet who will arrive at the end of the window to make the best of the random selection of players put together by DC and his advisors.

This is not difficult to understand and is the minimum I would have expected when I purchased my ST two years ago.

Cook would be a positive appointment in the eyes of many Owls so lets get him in and back him with some signings.

This is even easier to understand....

We have good form on picking the wrong manager, even 2yrs ago.

I'm not against Cook but the love in for him is nuts...there is no guarantee whatsoever he would succeed. In fact the odds are stacked firmly against.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

This is even easier to understand....

We have good form on picking the wrong manager, even 2yrs ago.

I'm not against Cook but the love in for him is nuts...there is no guarantee whatsoever he would succeed. In fact the odds are stacked firmly against.

Yeah I don't get it either. I wouldn't be disappointed with him if we got him.

But if he was as good as made out. Then Barnsley, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, Watford, Derby and us (twice) would have all have been chomping at the bit to appoint him as manager this season when given the opportunity.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What like relying on advisers/consultants to the most important role at the football club rather than a CEO who works for and for the club only? 

Doesn’t sound like there’s anything  wrong with that to me. Certainly won’t be a conflict of interests which makes the decision progress take longer than it should. 

*Scratches head, asks one's self if this is a satirical joke* 

If not, you need to *edit* more than you did lol 

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Nearly everybody wanted Pulis sacking....he gets sacked..yay..yippee.

Win three on the trot...boo.. we should have another shyte manager by now.

🤣

Yeah, nobody was the least bit concerned about the chairman's running of our club when we sacked Pulis after a month or so, eh?

:duntmatter:

I thought that was a great summary from Sheriwasgod about why Paul Cook should be appointed:

"So we have a guy who,s teams play front foot football  ,  who has several promotions on his CV ,  who has a good eye for a player / loan deal  ,   who has good knowledge of league 1 and 2 players (vital given that we are skint)  ,  who is upbeat and positive (vital for the club AND squad after the dishcloth trio of Jos/Monk/Pulis)  ,   who managed to acrue more championship points at a club that went bust than WE managed last year .................................and crucially is begging for the job."

If those Advisors are turning DC against getting Paul Cook in then they should be aware that relegation under some non-entity will mean SWFC will no longer be a well for them to drink at.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

How come the old adage that no news is good news doesn’t relate to the incoming managerial situation at swfc 

League position. Transfer window. Contracts expiring. Leadership. 

P{erhaps this is the calm before the storm? It is eerily quiet from the usual suspects.

• Like 1