18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The feeling amongst some is that at least one of these 'advisors' may have much more of an involvement with the club than just being part of the recruitment team. Steve Bruce made comments before he left that did nothing to alleviate such suggestions.

Or when Erik Alonso claimed he was a shareholder at SWFC in his Instagram bio. Then deleted it when fans started to follow him. 

That was very bizarre.

lol

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I just can't see see it being Cook after everything DC has said.

I think he wants to run the club with a Coach and then him, his advisors buying the players or at least not giving total control of transfers to a manager.

Think this way has proved it won't work given our shocking recuirtment record.

This...

I want the new manager to be able to have an input into transfers, incoming and outgoing. 

We need to be sourcing players from Leagues 1 and 2, an area we have totally neglected under Mr C's ownership. There are some good players in the lower leagues and other clubs i.e. Peterborough and Brentford, have a lot of success in finding gems that are then sold on for big money further down the line.

In that respect I would prefer someone like Cook who knows the EFL and can identify such players rather than the likes of Paixao bringing in random foreign players who aren't very good.

You can't tell me there aren't better centre halves than JVA or midfielders than Pelupessy to be found in League 1 & 2. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I just don't get why he has persisted with the advisors.

The quality of the squad since the advisors have been around has declined dramatically, I'm astonished DC cant see it.

Problem with advisers is - do they have the clubs best interests at heart? Or do they put forward candidates who they have ties too? 

Why a CEO or DOF football is needed. Until it happens and a proper football structure is put in place, we will go from manager to manager with different ideas, philosophies and the club will continue to struggle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This...

I want the new manager to be able to have an input into transfers, incoming and outgoing. 

We need to be sourcing players from Leagues 1 and 2, an area we have totally neglected under Mr C's ownership. There are some good players in the lower leagues and other clubs i.e. Peterborough and Brentford, have a lot of success in finding gems that are then sold on for big money further down the line.

In that respect I would prefer someone like Cook who knows the EFL and can identify such players rather than the likes of Paixao bringing in random foreign players who aren't very good.

You can't tell me there aren't better centre halves than JVA or midfielders than Pelupessy to be found in League 1 & 2. 

I fully agree.

We need to be scouring the lower leagues for these gems.

For example, I know of some lads who were released from big clubs yet look very capable. The lad from Crawley who scored the 1st goal looked great. With us, we signed Brunt, Whelan (released from teams) and Lee from lower league and they have been revelations. 

Edited by Tea Baggins
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Why would it be a 'mistake' to appoint a manager from overseas? 

In the Premier League, the bottom 7 clubs all have a British manager and 6 of the top 7 one from overseas. 

In our division, there are only 6 foreign bosses but 4 of them are at clubs in the top 6, including the current leaders.

so, by that mode of thinking,size of budget/quality of player doesn't have a bearing on league position ???🤷‍♂️

eg / man city > west brom ????

To be brutally honest, I'm not sure it matters who gets the job with Krusty the Clown in charge.

How long since Pulis went? 

Two weeks now? 

No sign of a new manager and nearly halfway through the transfer window.

We are f*cked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

To be brutally honest, I'm not sure it matters who gets the job with Krusty the Clown in charge.

Two weeks now? 

We are f*cked.

Thompson winning the last 3 has given DC and his advisers the chance to take their time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

so, by that mode of thinking,size of budget/quality of player doesn't have a bearing on league position ???🤷‍♂️

eg / man city > west brom ????

I made no reference to any of that and your employing such an obviously skewed example speaks for itself.

But the poster quoted indicated it would be a 'mistake' to appoint a foreign manager with no further evidence for why that might be the case. Looking at the league positions in the top two divisions (which of course come with some significant caveats), they are generally outperforming their domestic counterparts handily.

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Two weeks now? 

We are f*cked.

I keep banging the drum on this, there is something fundamentally wrong off the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That's a very optimistic outlook.

The opposite. It shouldn’t take this long to appoint a manager. I thought we were looking before Pulis got the sack? Thompson winning a few has given DC and his pals more time to dither and put it off. 

Sheffield Wednesday - finger on the pulse as always.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

been good timing this.

A new man had potentially 2 weeks to get to know and train with the players before the next game 

Also had  the start of the transfer window to snap up any decent cheap options.

Looks like thats not happening now.

Exactly.

Cook is available. If you wanted him and were giving him the correct reassurances, then he'd be here by now, surely?

Why the delay? 

Is there someone else? Or do we not having a clue as per usual?

• Thanks 1

If after all this it is Cook who we end up with, that would once again show just how badly set up we are, as it shouldn't take this long to get an out of work manager in. 

It's a critical appointment, but yet again, we amble on with Chanceri the loon.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The opposite. It shouldn’t take this long to appoint a manager. I thought we were looking before Pulis got the sack? Thompson winning a few has given DC and his pals more time to dither and put it off. 

Sheffield Wednesday - finger on the pulse as always.

Fair.

I misread what you were trying to say.

6 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I keep banging the drum on this, there is something fundamentally wrong off the pitch. 

What like relying on advisers/consultants to the most important role at the football club rather than a CEO who works for and for the club only? 

Doesn’t sound like there’s anything  wrong with that to me. Certainly won’t be a conflict of interests which makes the decision progress take longer than it should. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon