4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

If you had put in £150million into Sheffield Wedmnesday FC would you put your faith in a guy who is 62 and never been a Manager in his life?

Seems like a good guy but lose a couple and it could all fall horribly apart.

Yes he has... He was manager at Boston United years ago... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Makes sense. Unfortunately the most likely scenario I fear. Am guessing Cook has applied more formally to try to get DC to make a decision.

It’s strange that Howson should announce that Cook has applied for the job when Biggs stated last week that the club had approached Cook & he’d spoken to the club on at least one occasion.

Unless there is still some issue with Wigan.  I was under the impression that Cook had resigned from Wigan but maybe he’s still being paid & by officially applying for the Wednesday job means we don’t have to pay any compensation.

On the loo prophecy:

Save us from relegation contract on table for Cook with bonus and 2 year extension option if successful. Agreement not to mention the following names ever - Hirst, Forestieri, Abdi, Steve Bruce, Tony Pulis, Steve Gibson, Derby County, ABC Taxis. Windlass to West Brom, we make move for Will Grigg and Berahino. Life time supply of tuna to entire squad if we stay up. Liam Shaw to Man U as the 134th attempt to replace Duncan Edwards.

• Haha 1

I just can't see see it being Cook after everything DC has said.

I think he wants to run the club with a Coach and then him, his advisors buying the players or at least not giving total control of transfers to a manager.

Think this way has proved it won't work given our shocking recuirtment record.

13 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I just can't see see it being Cook after everything DC has said.

I think he wants to run the club with a Coach and then him, his advisors buying the players or at least not giving total control of transfers to a manager.

Think this way has proved it won't work given our shocking recuirtment record.

This approach explains why, after an investment of several hundred million pounds, we sit almost half a division lower than when Chansiri arrived.

Like a dog returning to its vomit, he persists with it.

Then he asserts that it is negativity on this forum which dissuades other investors from joining the party.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

This approach explains why, after an investment of several hundred million pounds, we sit almost half a division lower than when Chansiri arrived.

Then he asserts that it is negativity on this forum which dissuades other investors from joining the party.

Several hundred million ?

15 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

...Chansiri will make the mistake of going foreign again. 

Why would it be a 'mistake' to appoint a manager from overseas? 

In the Premier League, the bottom 7 clubs all have a British manager and 6 of the top 7 one from overseas. 

In our division, there are only 6 foreign bosses but 4 of them are at clubs in the top 6, including the current leaders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I just don't get why he has persisted with the advisors.

The quality of the squad since the advisors have been around has declined dramatically, I'm astonished DC cant see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

The quality of the squad since the advisors have been around has declined dramatically, I'm astonished DC cant see it.

Stubbornness, most likely.

And stubbornness mixed with ignorance of a subject is a lethal cocktail.

Just now, jonnyowl said:

The feeling amongst some is that at least one of these 'advisors' may have much more of an involvement with the club than just being part of the recruitment team. Steve Bruce made comments before he left that did nothing to alleviate such suggestions.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Why would it be a 'mistake' to appoint a manager from overseas? 

In the Premier League, the bottom 7 clubs all have a British manager and 6 of the top 7 one from overseas. 

In our division, there are only 6 foreign bosses but 4 of them are at clubs in the top 6, including the current leaders.

Exactly this. I think the players need that different style of working again. Not the same old British style of management.

• Thanks 1