15 hours ago, graz gp said:

Appointing foreign managers has not been a roaring success in the past apart from Carlos maybe, so i don't think we should be going down that road. I would give it Cook and hope he can steady the ship and keep us up. That's the main objective for the rest of this season. uto

We’ve had two foreign managers EVER.

You could say appointing British managers have been even less of a roaring success.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, s29wfc said:

I really can't see how Coleman can get the job over Cook, I have no idea what the reasoning behind that would be. Both out of work but only one candidate.

I really can't see how Coleman can get a job.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The bizzle usually right saw the post was it Friday? Might be a stumbling block? Whoever it’s gona be clock ticking? 

Chansiri's never been in a rush with these things, Just like transfers.

Tuesday would be my guess if it's cook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Chansiri's never been in a rush with these things, Just like transfers.

Tuesday would be my guess if it's cook.

I suspect it will be at least Tuesday no matter who’s got the job. The training ground now isn’t due to open until Wednesday so that’s the earliest any new manager can meet the players.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Bielsa come staight in at 2/1..

Chansiri will luv him..

Doesn't need an assistant or a stool..

Plenty of stools in the dressing room.

If Cook can attract loanees the calibre of Reece James and Anthonee Robinson, that’ll do for me. Often when quality young players are suggested on here as possible targets, the overwhelming response would be “why would they come here” Well here is proof that it is possible to bring in top quality young players. If Wigan can, we can, we just need to get it out of our heads that these players always need to be experienced.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Cook can attract loanees the calibre of Reece James and Anthonee Robinson, that’ll do for me. Often when quality young players are suggested on here as possible targets, the overwhelming response would be “why would they come here” Well here is proof that it is possible to bring in top quality young players. If Wigan can, we can, we just need to get it out of our heads that these players always need to be experienced.

We have brought them in before, Barkley, Wickham, Sahar, Carson. Albeit at a different time.

It’s about contacts as you say but also the mode of operating.

The club aren’t necessarily going for old heads any more but they do want assets for potential resale. 

• Like 1