Matt Penney loan move?

23 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

My view based on nothing but watching him play. But it is that he doesn’t seem to like the ugly side of the game.  Its like he has studied Roberto Carlos to model himself on and had switched off when he ain't got the football at his feet in the games.

If you could combine his talent on the ball with Pelupessy's effort off it. You would definitely have a left sided Fullback/Wingback that is far to good for the championship.

A combination of Penney and Pelupessy far too good for the championship.

l’m lost for words, or was it meant to be a wind up.

• Haha 1

I don’t think he is good enough for the Championship. He hasn’t sufficient pace or tricks to be a winger. He isn’t strong enough or cute enough to be a defender and he lacks the physicality and running power to make a Mark, given his capability. Palmer has the greater physicality and running power, so has made a career for himself. Penney will have been told to up his fitness, both aerobic and strength. Ball is in his court, it has been for a long time and put there by several managers. It’s about desire to succeed and he does not seem to be listening or doesn’t want to make the effort?

19 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Palmer has the greater physicality and running power, so has made a career for himself.

Palmer may be physically stronger be he can't get up and down the wing. If he goes on a run forward he struggles to get back, doesn't seem to have the stamina 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Palmer may be physically stronger be he can't get up and down the wing. If he goes on a run forward he struggles to get back, doesn't seem to have the stamina 

I agree mate. And Penney is behind him, even in that respect IMO.

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

A combination of Penney and Pelupessy far too good for the championship.

l’m lost for words, or was it meant to be a wind up.

Not quite what I said was it.  I said if you gave Penney Joeys work ethic off the ball he would be too good for the championship.