Perry NG

24 year old captain of Crewe - Right Back.

Really like this lad. Been very good last 2 years, out of contract in the summer and Cardiff have just made a bid. We have Odubajo who is improving and Palmer who isnt good enough why arent we looking at a player like this. Leadership qualities that we lack and young enough to progress to a really good player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Really like this lad. Been very good last 2 years, out of contract in the summer and Cardiff have just made a bid. We have Odubajo who is improving and Palmer who isnt good enough why arent we looking at a player like this. Leadership qualities that we lack and young enough to progress to a really good player.

We have no strikers at the club, we have no left backs and we only have 1 keeper who is championship standard, we have no goals in midfield and a tight defense is currently the only thing giving us a chance of staying in the league.

We have Palmer who has shown that he is definitely a championship full back on both wings but not top 6 or a natural left back. We have Iorfa who can play both right back and centre back, I do agree Odabajo is awful and we also have the youth option of Urhoghide. 

Trust when I say this the last area of the pitch we should be strengthen in the January transfer window is right back.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have no strikers at the club, we have no left backs and we only have 1 keeper who is championship standard, we have no goals in midfield and a tight defense is currently the only thing giving us a chance of staying in the league.

We have Palmer who has shown that he is definitely a championship full back on both wings but not top 6 or a natural left back. We have Iorfa who can play both right back and centre back, I do agree Odabajo is awful and we also have the youth option of Urhoghide. 

Trust when I say this the last area of the pitch we should be strengthen in the January transfer window is right back.

And this probably shows how far we have fallen. 

I remember a few seasons ago that in the first XI Palmer at RB (when Hunt had gone) was one of the main areas we needed to improve along with LB.  

Oh to have those problems again. 

• Like 3

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nailed on then.

12 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And this probably shows how far we have fallen. 

I remember a few seasons ago that in the first XI Palmer at RB (when Hunt had gone) was one of the main areas we needed to improve along with LB.  

Oh to have those problems again. 

The short term job at hand is staying in the division to do that we need someone who is probably going to score at least 10 goals between now and the end of the season. We have a pretty good defense at the moment when Dawson is not in goal but we have failed to score in half of our league games this season. 

That put so much pressure on the defense when you midfielders and attackers are not scoring. For me I would like us to sign a few strikers , hopefully full transfer and give then 23 games to build a partnership and along the way hopefully score enough goals to keep us above the bottom 3.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Palmer isnt good enough?? for what?

I hardly think RB is our burning issue at the moment

Palmer has never been good enough for this league.

I dont think it is our biggest issue we have loads of bigger ones, but what im saying is we shouldnt miss out on deals for players of potential because we are looking for strikers. Its not as if we should blow every bit of money we have on him. It should be cheap and long term a good move.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Palmer has never been good enough for this league.

I dont think it is our biggest issue we have loads of bigger ones, but what i'm saying is we shouldn't miss out on deals for players of potential because we are looking for strikers. Its not as if we should blow every bit of money we have on him. It should be cheap and long term a good move.

Disagree. Palmer is totally good enough for this league.  He has got better has time has gone on.

Any investment for me needs to be elsewhere, not RB or CB.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, billyblack said:

Disagree. Palmer is totally good enough for this league.  He has got better has time has gone on.

Any investment for me needs to be elsewhere, not RB or CB.

He has improved but he is still way off. Someone posted above when Hunt left the problem we had then was that Palmer was the weak link in the team at RB. After this the rest of the team decreased in quality and now we have bigger problems which is true. But Palmer is still a problem. Just coz we have bigger ones doesnt mean we shouldnt be addressing it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Basically because the bloke who owns the club doesn’t have a clue how to run it 

• Like 1