How has lockdown (1/2/3) affected your gigs?

With this new lockdown comes a whole new wave of potential gigs out in doubt of happening, with the only saving grace being if enough vaccines could be given out to make it safe beforehand. 

So my question is, what gigs have you got tickets for, but couldn't go, or what have you bought tickets for that you might not be able to go to? 

I've missed Tramlines, DMAs and Gerry Cinnamon and the other half has missed Alanis Morissette so far, plus the usual Shed Seven in December that never got arranged, but we have tickets for James & Happy Mondays and Kings of Leon to possibly miss in the not too distant future. 

Not a lot, I know, but when you've got a 6 day a week job and 2 young kids it plays havoc with your gig life.

(Far cry from playing 3 or 4 gigs a week and going to watch some form of live music the rest of the nights that I was once used to) 

Got tickets for Blossoms for Christmas ‘19 for the Manchester gig of what would’ve been their 2020 tour. Ended up just getting a refund in the end. Didn’t have anything else planned but would’ve gone to more. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Got tickets for Blossoms for Christmas ‘19 for the Manchester gig of what would’ve been their 2020 tour. Ended up just getting a refund in the end. Didn’t have anything else planned but would’ve gone to more. 

Only ever seen blossoms at tramlines, decent songs though, and I like the Christmas one they brought out. 

Had tickets for Tramlines, Peter Hook and The Light and The Slow Readers club. All cancelled and rescheduled but can't see them happening. Also got tickets for Fontaines mid May but can't see that happening either. F##k off covid.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Paolo Coopio said:

Tramlines,

Gerry Cinnamon

Ash

Bluetones

Terrorvision

Reverend - now cancelled

...that I can recall.

That's a lineup that I'd definitely buy a ticket fot 

• Like 2

Gigs What are they again?

Missed Tramlines, The Killer's, Gerry Cinnamon and Queen.

Have decided to wait before booking anymore - was considering Red Rum Club and a few more.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Was going on tour with October Drift - UK and Europe

Got to sit and wait now until this is over so i can head off out againi
Miss those times so much

How are they doing? Not seen em for ages! Are you still into management n that? 

Another year without gigs according to the expert on the last leg.

Hopefully they'll have had time to come up with alternatives this summer 

On 17/01/2021 at 19:14, modboy said:

Another year without gigs according to the expert on the last leg.

Hopefully they'll have had time to come up with alternatives this summer 

And now Glastonbury has cancelled again, this covid thing needs to frig right off! It's doin my nut in!!!

• Like 1

Had tickets for Doves in April at O2 Academy, that's now been rearranged for next February.

Going to New Order at Heaton Park in September. Sounds like that's going ahead. I know they're without Hookie, and Heaton Park is woeful, but I've never seen them and have wanted to for a long time. Plus, wanted things to look forward to when lockdown ends.

Edited by Ever the pessimist
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty sure me and @DeeJayOnehave tickets for skunk anansie

no idea what’s happening with that one 

We do.

Postponed until June so far.

Will probably be postponed again/cancelled.