Exeter game

Guest Kagoshimaowl

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Would agree. I suppose they think they are doing us a favour by showing about 10 live games that day that wouldn't normally be on.  But some sort of day pass would help for a fiver or tenner say.

Definitely. I would be happy to pay a tenner to watch. With the amount of games they have loads of fans would probably do the same but are put off by having to pay the monthly charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Well to be fair it's a monthly subscription to BT isn't it, not a set fee to watch our match.

It is, but I've no interest in watching anything else, so the cost to me is £25 for one match. I baulk at £10 for a now/sky tv day pass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a BT TV customer already and just had a look at how much it is to add the Sports package and it’s £15 per month. 
It used to be free to BT TV users but I have my father in laws Sky log on for Main Event and red button games so I never bothered taking it when it went to a paid service.

I pay the £10 for ifollow when it’s not on Sky but not sure I can be arsed to go through the rigmarole of setting up the £15 subscription and then cancelling it again. 
I’ll probably forget to cancel it and pay £30 for the bloomin game!

Its going to be dodgy stream if I can get one or follow on Owlstalk 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

I've mentioned before but I live in Exeter and have had a few messages about the game. They have an excellent youth and development policy, a very good outreach programme, owned by a supporters trust and have an amazing social media team; for example they've a pre-recorded video of players celebrating in a unique way every time someone scores that they post. They also tie in the mens and womens team on the same social media pages.

It's a shame fans aren't allowed in because the away end has seen some development since we lost 5-1 there (possibly worst away end I've ever been in) but they're a well run admirable club

Still want to beat them!

We will definitely get beaten 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m a BT TV customer already and just had a look at how much it is to add the Sports package and it’s £15 per month. 
It used to be free to BT TV users but I have my father in laws Sky log on for Main Event and red button games so I never bothered taking it when it went to a paid service.

I pay the £10 for ifollow when it’s not on Sky but not sure I can be arsed to go through the rigmarole of setting up the £15 subscription and then cancelling it again. 
I’ll probably forget to cancel it and pay £30 for the bloomin game!

Its going to be dodgy stream if I can get one or follow on Owlstalk 👍

You should be able to watch it via the app shouldn't you ? On tablet / phone then cast it .

I am able to watch bt sports and cancelled my bt account 5 months ago , watch it via the app.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Watto said:

You should be able to watch it via the app shouldn't you ? On tablet / phone then cast it .

I am able to watch bt sports and cancelled my bt account 5 months ago , watch it via the app.

I’ve never tried the app but will give it a go!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

send U23s with a few pros to lead the way eg Pelupesy etc

U19s a subs

Why ?

We want to progress don't we ?

It's the fa cup for Christ's sake , at least give it a go 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

I've mentioned before but I live in Exeter and have had a few messages about the game. They have an excellent youth and development policy, a very good outreach programme, owned by a supporters trust and have an amazing social media team; for example they've a pre-recorded video of players celebrating in a unique way every time someone scores that they post. They also tie in the mens and womens team on the same social media pages.

It's a shame fans aren't allowed in because the away end has seen some development since we lost 5-1 there (possibly worst away end I've ever been in) but they're a well run admirable club

Still want to beat them!

Nice, thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Not fussed if postponed. Talk about Chansiri pricing fans out, BT want £25! Just to watch one game, you have to buy a monthly pass, ridiculous to watch what is effectively a reserve match nowadays in cup competitions.

I'm sure people will be able to watch via a stream or replay. I remember watching this seasons League Cup match against Walsall and a FA Cup match last season via a online football replay website.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

of course we do but also the health of the squad to stay in this league is surely more important?

I agree but we have a big enough squad ( not compared to other teams) to compete surely? Plus a week's rest till next game.

35 minutes ago, Watto said:

We will definitely get beaten 

Wouldn't be a shock (though I'm sure media outlets will dress it up as such) I believe Exeter are the top goal scorers in all 4 leagues!

But some of their better players have been linked to transfers and their priority is promotion as much as ours is avoid relegation so if we put out a 2nd string as we should it will be close

• Thanks 2

I would imagine if we can't send a team the game will be forfeited. Unless we can prove we have about 30 odd cases of coronavirus throughout the entirety of the club.. Everyone trains in different bubbles I think. So we may even be sending the u18s team to play the match.

31 minutes ago, Watto said:

Just gave it a go and it didn’t work for me. 
Entered my log in details and it just told me I didn’t have an active subscription (which I don’t).

Maybe if your had access before it doesn’t cut you off straight away but it’s a ‘fail’ for me unfortunately 🙁

• Thanks 1