Vladimir Ivić

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If a deal's signed off, even Chansiri would struggle to backtrack on it.

He usually gives them at least 10 games before changing his mind.

:duntmatter:

For what it’s worth I was told Cook was nailed on the day after thebizzle posted it on here.

And then a couple of days later was told Cook was getting frustrated by the lack of progress and didn’t know if he was going to be offered it or not after he thought talks had gone well. 

In my personal opinion DC changed his mind reading between the lines. He has history of taking his time with decisions so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility Cook was set for the job but the plug was pulled last minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

For what it’s worth I was told Cook was nailed on the day after thebizzle posted it on here.

And then a couple of days later was told Cook was getting frustrated by the lack of progress and didn’t know if he was going to be offered it or not after he thought talks had gone well. 

In my personal opinion DC changed his mind reading between the lines. He has history of taking his time with decisions so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility Cook was set for the job but the plug was pulled last minute.

If we don't beat Coventry on Wednesday, Cook might be getting another phone call?

I was also told 2 weeks ago that Alonso and Paixao want different men and that was the hold up to Cook being appointed. I alluded to it on here in the Cook thread. Nixon’s story yesterday in the Sun suggests this was certainly true. 

Alonso spoke to Cook. Paixao wants Ivic or Coleman according to Nixon and a @Jamie on here. Both have the chairman’s ear. So much so Alonso had to take to Twitter to suggest he’s not happy with how the appointment process is going.

All in all. One big shambles. We sacked Pulis a month ago. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Of course - I imagine there's usually a fair bit of toing and froing when it comes to decisions like this.

Which brings me back to my earlier point about certain posters perhaps getting carried away in an attempt to appear 'ITK'. There's a world of difference between saying we've held talks with a certain manager and wishing him luck in his new role which is due to be announced the following day, or announcing the length of his contract.

I wonder whether these erroneous additional details are added by the 'source' or the poster? If it's the former, I'd be asking them what the heck they were playing at and would be very wary of sharing any info from them in the future; if it's the latter, I just wouldn't bother, as they make you look foolish.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Maybe. Fortunately for us there’s not many options around for Cook at the moment. Wednesday might still be his best bet if we come back for him. 

You’re right, it’s been an absolute shambles from the start. We needed an appointment just before the FA Cup tie at Exeter. Now we’re coming towards the end of the transfer window with no manager in sight. 

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I really do hope that Chansiri goes back in for Cook. Of all the names linked for me Cook makes the most sense. 

5 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

You’re right, it’s been an absolute shambles from the start. We needed an appointment just before the FA Cup tie at Exeter. Now we’re coming towards the end of the transfer window with no manager in sight. 

It’s very disappointing when we’ve had quite a long time to get the right man in.

It’s hard to see this team beating relegation with no experienced manager in place.

• Like 1

You guys have took it the wrong way I was actually backing JH with that posting cause I know so many people will be Waiting for it to go wrong. Also check the other thread next manager odds. And tbh with regards to my source it’s all been very quiet haven’t heard anything in last couple of days. Maybe you guys should start to believe me I was the first person to release that Alonso wanted cook but AP wanted others. 

• Haha 1

Going to be hard for a manager who actually wants to come to us due to the contract that dc wants. He’s wanting a 1month trial period and contract till end of season. Cook would be happy for this and is waiting for a phone call from dc which hasn’t happened. Maybe because he’s in Thailand playing golf. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Going to be hard for a manager who actually wants to come to us due to the contract that dc wants. He’s wanting a 1month trial period and contract till end of season. Cook would be happy for this and is waiting for a phone call from dc which hasn’t happened. Maybe because he’s in Thailand playing golf. 

I thought It was reported that Cook had turned down Cardiff because the contract was only till the end of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, mogbad said:

I thought It was reported that Cook had turned down Cardiff because the contract was only till the end of the season.

Exactly mate that’s the only thing we have offered but he’s willing to take it ? I personally think he’s just hanging on for us cause he’s still definitely in the running.

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Exactly mate that’s the only thing we have offered but he’s willing to take it ? I personally think he’s just hanging on for us cause he’s still definitely in the running.

I must admit when he turned Cardiff down for a similar contract to what we’re supposedly offering I wondered if he was still a stronger contender than his previous comments had suggested.

• Like 1

Just now, mogbad said:

I must admit when he turned Cardiff down for a similar contract to what we’re supposedly offering I wondered if he was still a stronger contender than his previous comments had suggested.

He’s still in the running if dc decides to trust Alonso then we will appoint cook. If not then he will go with Amadeu and that could be anyone. But alonso has spoken with cook and put his name forward to dc.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really do hope that Chansiri goes back in for Cook. Of all the names linked for me Cook makes the most sense. 

I may look silly but I still believe 100% that Cook will be Wednesday manager by this time next month.

Am a bit nervous Thompson may get to the magic 10 games as caretaker manager and do my bets in though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

He’s still in the running if dc decides to trust Alonso then we will appoint cook. If not then he will go with Amadeu and that could be anyone. But alonso has spoken with cook and put his name forward to dc.

I’m personally not that fussed about Cook but I’d fetch him to Hillsborough myself if it meant Amadeu’s reported choice of Coleman didn’t get the job.

• Like 1

I'd never criticize anyone who claims to be ITK, lest people are discouraged from posting what they have discovered.

They can be absolutely right about a prospective manager at the time of posting, then everything collapses after a conversation with Channers and his advisors.

In the frame one moment, out of it the next.

And let's face it, we can't rely on our local journalists for info.

Dismal Dom Howson is even asking people to contact him if they've got a story.

• Like 1

I think it’s pretty obvious Cook is wanting to come to us but it depends how long we leave it. If he turned down Cardiff you like to think we may still have a chance? 

With it coming to the business end of the season now and many clubs will be sacking managers there is only so long he can wait. He’s never going to turn down a 2-3 year deal to manage elsewhere.