Vladimir Ivić

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Short drive for him then. Hopefully, the announcement will be in the next hour or so. No point dragging it out, we have all waited til Monday when it could have been announced on Friday.

Not really..

He wanted to see how we performed at Everton...see if the players were triers or couldn't give a shyte.

Someone high up at Hillsborough told me...

The guy who cleans the clock...

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Perhaps we were waiting for Everton to batter us so new managers first game wouldn't be a big loss.

That’s correct, hence why we didn’t announce him on Friday apparently. That’s my point, now that result is done with, we should announce him. 2 year contract apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Not really..

He wanted to see how we performed at Everton...see if the players were triers or couldn't give a shyte.

Someone high up at Hillsborough told me...

The guy who cleans the clock...

Surely he knows what time he is being announced? 😀

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's only credible if Ivić is announced as having signed a 2-year deal to be our new manager today though, isn't it?

Otherwise it will be the very opposite of credible.

No. That's not what credible means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The Star just published an article suggesting him as an option for the job, and stating that he's unemployed...

:duntmatter:

769949980_Screenshot2021-01-25at11_43_22.thumb.png.d95d7fb5a0a3258e20e001e454b216de.png914504706_Screenshot2021-01-25at11_43_51.thumb.png.2373014cfb67bad18e7698f3fb37ce45.png

McCarthy and Pulis must have an ongoing sweepstake contest to see who can last the least at a club and get the biggest pay off or something :ph34r::ghoulguy:

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If Ivić isn't appointed on a 2 year deal today, then we're not able to believe or trust the information, are we?

Well, no. But until that happens it's not unreasonable to believe that the rumour might be correct. As opposed to, say, a rumour that Jurgen Klopp is about to swap Anfield for Hillsborough. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sova said:

Well, no. But until that happens it's not unreasonable to believe that the rumour might be correct. As opposed to, say, a rumour that Jurgen Klopp is about to swap Anfield for Hillsborough. 

It is unless the person posting the rumour can provide a reason to believe it, or has a track record of providing only accurate information up to that point.

As I say, it may be that all this discussion is all for naught and the info. is spot on, of course - there are still 11 hours left for it to turn out not to be cobblers.

3 minutes ago, Jamie said:

When there isn’t an announcement today and when we finally announce a manager and it’s not ivic I strongly advise @JOHNHARKESto just not come on this for a while there will be so many people hating 🥱

Whilst I’ve backed you, there is certainly no hate towards JH, why would there be? 

He’s heard from a source regarding Ivic (first to break it) he’s turned us down and that’s that. But I think we could all see that he wouldn’t get announced today. 

Out of interest, who’s your source saying is in the frame? 

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

The most trusted ITK account on here the bizzle has even called it wrong so far so either people genuinely don’t know or DC keeps changing his mind.

If a deal's signed off, even Chansiri would struggle to backtrack on it.

He usually gives them at least 10 games before changing his mind.

:duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, Jamie said:

When there isn’t an announcement today and when we finally announce a manager and it’s not ivic I strongly advise @JOHNHARKESto just not come on this for a while there will be so many people hating 🥱

Bit unnecessary. He was just sharing what he’s told. It’s clear Ivic has been contacted so there’s something behind the rumour.

• Like 5