Vladimir Ivić

Just now, Craig enock said:

Mate don't justify yourself on here .... you put up credible info...people either believe it or don't 

It's only credible if Ivić is announced as having signed a 2-year deal to be our new manager today though, isn't it?

Otherwise it will be the very opposite of credible.

4 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Mate don't justify yourself on here .... you put up credible info...people either believe it or don't 

Before pullis I had a nod about about another manager and was told to stick as much money as I could on. But not mention it on here. I’m glad I did neither. I would be skint and look like a knob. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Before pullis I had a nod about about another manager and was told to stick as much money as I could on. But not mention it on here. I’m glad I did neither. I would be skint and look like a knob. 

Did you ever go back to the source of your duff info and ask them why they were so certain?

52 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Only fact he got an interview and linked in any capacity and offered/considered job. When no one else even mentioned him? got told on 6th Jan. local journos picked up on 15th. I really dont give a shhyyte what you think tbh.

Pfft very shoddy info 

Come on mate are you even ITK if you dont name your source, your relationship to them, where you first met, where they live, what days they put their bins out and what their favourite meal is 

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's only credible if Ivić is announced as having signed a 2-year deal to be our new manager today though, isn't it?

Otherwise it will be the very opposite of credible.

People get fed information and fair play to the people sticking their neck on the lines and putting it on the forum.

In thebizzle and Harkes case it is clear Cook and Ivic have both been approached. Hasn’t come through for one reason or another. But both probably came from a sound place and they felt confident enough to share on here.

At least it gave us something to talk about during lockdown

lol

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

People get fed information and fair play to the people sticking their neck on the lines and putting it on the forum.

In thebizzle and Harkes case it is clear Cook and Ivic have both been approached. Hasn’t come through for one reason or another. But both probably came from a sound place and they felt confident enough to share on here.

At least it gave us something to talk about during lockdown

lol

It's one thing to say: 'we've held talks with Ivić', and quite another to say: 'Done deal. Ivic New boss. 2 year deal. Announced Monday', though, isn't it? There are still 12 hours or so for the latter to be proven true of course, but if it's proven false as the post re: Cook being appointed was, you have to wonder where the duff info. is coming from, don't you?

Maybe it's people getting carried away and embellishing the bits of information they're given in an attempt to appear 'ITK'? If that's the case, all it does is undermine their credibility though, doesn't it?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

If it happens it happens?? Passing on my information been given. That's as much as I know.

We’ve a lot of desperate people on here that would do anything to pull something to bits it goes with their negative outlook

Personally I welcome a bit of inside info even the ones that some people make up I don’t hold anyone to them it’s nice to have discussion 

Why anybody would act like they hold you to it like your making the appointment is beyond me but that’s the stupidity and maturity of some 

for what it’s worth I still think Thompson will be in charge for at least another 2/3 games and it wouldn’t surprise me if he sees the season out 

doesn’t strike me that chansiri has got someone he’s happy with thats willing to accept yet 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Personally I welcome a bit of inside info even the ones that some people make up I don’t hold anyone to them it’s nice to have discussion 

In that case, allow me to tell you about a bit of 'inside info' I just made up, regarding David O'Leary's sensational return to the dugout at Hillsborough.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

I wonder if part of the recruitment process asks the candidates who they would bring in now to ensure we stay up?

If so it would enable our recruitment team to validate them and have some informal conversations so we aren't on the back foot should one of them agree to take the job when the window is closing.....if we planned ahead 🤦

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's one thing to say: 'we've held talks with Ivić', and quite another to say: 'Done deal. Ivic New boss. 2 year deal. Announced Monday', though, isn't it? There are still 12 hours or so for the latter to be proven true of course, but if it's proven false as the post re: Cook being appointed was, you have to wonder where the duff info. is coming from, don't you?

Maybe it's people getting carried away and embellishing the bits of information they're given in an attempt to appear 'ITK'? If that's the case, all it does is undermine their credibility though, doesn't it?

Yeah fair enough. To say it with such conviction. But maybe they trusted their source?

Either way there is an element of truth behind it for sure.

Still might happen who knows? Trying to guess the chairman is an impossible task.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Still living near Watford apparently.

Short drive for him then. Hopefully, the announcement will be in the next hour or so. No point dragging it out, we have all waited til Monday when it could have been announced on Friday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I still think its the other way round. Chansiri wants various managers but they won't accept on terms he is offering. Not necessarily the cash but the way they are expected to operate. 

Chansiri will not change the way he is so it's got to be a yes man who is prepared to do it the Chansiri way. 

Don't hold your breath. 

That’s what I meant chansiri has found any he wants that will accept 

why would they I’d imagine for most managers and coaches it’s not all about the money ( sure it’s a factor ) but it’s about what impact and success they can have. It’s what they build a career on and if they don’t think they can be successful under the constraints and terms of the role why would they accept. Only one we’re going to get is managers who haven’t really achieved anything or on the decline 

• Thanks 1