60% win ratio in his managerial career to date. Not to be sniffed at

Far better than some of the tripe we've been linked with

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Marro said:

I don’t know a lot about Ivic other than his stint at Watford.  If he is appointed it would be interested to know why he was appointed over Cook and others.  We will probably never know.  

However, Cook would be a popular choice among the fan base with a good record at this level and, as others have previously mentioned, would appear to be the standout candidate.  Would be interesting to know DC’s thought process.

Can answer that mate.........he hasn't fecking got one.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, striker said:

Paxo has drawn up the shortlist for for a start. 

Paxo also very friendly with the Pozzo's at Watford (which is why we bought FF and gave them millions for the crock which was Abdi) his former employer.

Moreover, random foreign manager with limited managerial experience....has Paxo written  all over it. 

That's all a bit tenuous. Paxo may know the Pozzo's but how do you actually know how friendly they are?

As for limited managerial experience, if 168 games in charge is limited then what constitutes experienced?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Quist said:

We had a poster say Ivic had got the job and he would definitely be announced yesterday. This was after indicating he would be announced last Saturday. If the report in Serbia is true it indicates he is not quite content with terms or is having doubts about taking appointment. When original date passed Cook cropped up smiling which suggested original terms rejected so they tried Cook. They have now gone back to Ivic. 

Think he would be good boss but could have difficulty with one or two of players who like things their own way. 

Or it could be due to family circumstances

5 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Meh.

Chansiri keeps talking about playing exciting football, but seems to love a disciplinarian (Jos/Pulis/Ivic). Sums up how confused he is about running a football club IMO.

His preferred formation is listed on transfer market as 4-3-3 attacking, so maybe DC is being swayed by this ?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Marro said:

I don’t know a lot about Ivic other than his stint at Watford.  If he is appointed it would be interested to know why he was appointed over Cook and others.  We will probably never know.  

However, Cook would be a popular choice among the fan base with a good record at this level and, as others have previously mentioned, would appear to be the standout candidate.  Would be interesting to know DC’s thought process.

DC: “So Paxo, I need a new manager, who should I get”?

Paxo: “My friends at Watford say that their former manager Ivic was a good guy”.

DC: “Ok, sounds good, offer him the job, don’t worry about work permits, it will be ok”.

• Like 1
Just now, Hookowl said:

His preferred formation is listed on transfer market as 4-3-3 attacking, so maybe DC is being swayed by this ?

Maybes.

A manager who plays attacking football and keeps the players in line is probably everyone's ideal candidate... We'll see in time if that's Ivic.

If he gets the job he'll be getting my full support regardless... Never been anything more we can do than her behind the man in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Or it could be due to family circumstances

It will be terms offered, the guy who reported info was confident he would be announced twice. Which suggests we went back with better offer. The report emerging today and said would be announced yesterday says still may have reservations. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Explains the delay trying to get the permit sorted 

Do they still do work permits at the MSC at the bottom of the moor.....says someone who hasn't lived in Sheffield for a while

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

image.png.87c124e6bd1174ac0e07aa152465e802.png

image.png.b19b6e9019305ed11087b4ad106364f2.png

Surely nothing to do with Brexit.

Serbia not an EU country so would have as much right or otherwise as any non-EU citizen?

21 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Yet more positives from Brexit! :ph34r:

Now go and get Paul Cook pls DC!

Let’s hope it’s true. Get Cook in and let him crack on! 

I don’t know much about him. What is clear is he runs a tight ship and is a disciplinarian. I personally believe that is what is required in team sports and over the years, has proven to work. However, the world is changing and post Bosman, players have had increasing influence over the game. This approach has failed 3 times with the majority of our current squad, why would it work this time? In the long term, with a manager given time and money, it would bring us the rewards Wilder brought to the pigs. What I worry about is the next 5 months, can this kind of manager keep this squad up?

• Thanks 1

I know very little about Ivic, but keep hearing that he's defensive & likes 5-4-1 etc 

Its odd that Chansiri often cites the need for attacking football, then appoints ... 

Jos

Bruce

Tone 

Ivic 

ChansBoy.jpg.fa03e3509c24cce8bfb32bed3b24510a.jpg

• Like 1