Vladimir Ivić

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

You do know you can speak with anyone in the world now without leaving your house lol 

He was supposed to be announced as manager. If you announce somebody as manager you would have thought they would have been in Sheffield. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. It’s alright saying he’s won things abroad. So had Jos Luhukay. He was a disaster. Greece and Israel hardly world renowned leagues. 

Let’s see what he can do if true. Pray to god he proves me wrong. But wouldn’t not be surprised if we’re looking for a new manager again in a few months. 

And by that time Cook will probably have been snapped up by a club that know what they are doing. Personally think missing out on Cook is a massive mistake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cook also done a very good job wherever he’s been. 

Personality is a huge thing for a big job. 

Every manager has a  big personality when they’re winning games, it’s all confidence related. I remember even Stuart Gray getting quite cocky when we were on a decent run lol 

It’s what they’re like when the chips are down that I’m interested in 

• Love 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. It’s alright saying he’s won things abroad. So had Jos Luhukay. He was a disaster. Greece and Israel hardly world renowned leagues. 

Let’s see what he can do if true. Pray to god he proves me wrong. But wouldn’t not be surprised if we’re looking for a new manager again in a few months. 

Best to judge him on his 22 games at Watford. I'm neither impressed or disappointed.

My only comment is that I didn't think his Watford side were particularly attacking, predominantly played 5 at the back...weren't they 541 when we played out a bore draw with them at the beginning of the season?

On 07/01/2021 at 11:30, Incognito Owl said:

Found this about him: https://www.90min.com/posts/things-to-know-vladimir-ivic Points 3. and 4. are interesting for his style of play. 3. He Loves Using Different Formations to Attack  "I know what I want and, perhaps even more important, what I imagine is realistic to implement. Personally, I like attacking and aggressive football, with high pressure, but I tailor the scheme according to the circumstances." 4. But His Football Isn't Always Attractive "We won because we played organized and strong football"

Some varied views from Watford fans: https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watford-fans-ivic-sacking-reaction-4816243 Some blame the players ect. and some are happy he was gone.

A bit about his views on youth players: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18807393.vladimir-ivic-claims-watfords-youth-strategy-big-risk/ 

From his https://www.transfermarkt.com/vladimir-ivic/profil/trainer/35944 page it says his preferred formation is 4-3-3, but he's also played mostly 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 at Watford and Maccabi Tel Aviv. Surely he can't be that defensive? As he played as a attacking midfielder too.      

On 07/01/2021 at 14:23, Incognito Owl said:

Found some more: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18656331.fans-hilarious-reactions-new-watford-head-coach-vladimir-ivic/ The interesting points are from his former two clubs fans, one from Tel Aviv says "Don't expect for a happy face  But he is one great manager  He is tough, but loyal to his players, and from what they said in the last few months they just love him" One from his Greek club POAK FC said "Very good coach. People of watford should trust him and i don't know if you guys change coaches every month but this guy knows what he is doing." Another one said "great coaching in the game...with an excellent team behind him..very good with the teammates and players...he can bring calm inside the team and all like a family (:Chansiri:Haha)..hard working and talented.believe me a great choice! Exactly...believe him and give him space to make his best..from the first game you are going to see his work.."

I'll try and dig out some more later from the Watford forum maybe.         

For everyone going a bit mental, here are my posts in this thread about Ivić. Read them if you haven't already and see what you think.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He is an okay option but for me Cook is so much better. Why the hell won’t Chansiri go for Cook!?!

Yep we need some one that knows the EFL. We've got 23 cup finals coming up to save our place in the championship and to bring in a foreign manager who doesn't know anything about us or our players would be foolish. He could take many games to settle in and implement his ideas.

We also need someone to identify players we could sign from leagues 1 and 2 either in this window or in the summer when we rebuild.

IMO Cook is the safest bet for us.

I’d be quite open to this, think Cook was never a realistic contender unfortunately, Chansiri seems determined to go foreign, and after Pulis, Monk and Bruce you can’t really blame him. Ivic has a decent record and the Watford demise was clearly Deeney orientated. Wouldn’t have thought our squad is as highly strung as a squad of ex premier league and foreign stars so they may take to his methods. Like anybody who gets it give him a chance and see what he can do.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I like ITK stories whether they turn out to be true or not. It adds to the fun of the site but you always get some who are a little too uptight about ITK posts should they not come off?

I agree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really do hope he isn’t just going to be a yes man, a puppet for Chansiri and his blood sucking advisors to control. The bloke needs his own staff in and to be allowed to sign players he wants. 

To be fair he doesn’t look like he’s anybody’s yes man.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Think he once said something along those lines in one of his supporters evenings. Can’t confirm as I didn’t and wouldn’t waste my time but sure I read it on here.

DC says lots of things. Can’t imagine him doing anything he doesn’t choose to do. Even if he said it, just be a way to diminish responsibility.

McGugan a lazy tw@t...fans fault they wanted him.

Rhodes fails emphatically as record signing...fans fault they wanted him.

33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doesn’t play the attacking football Chansiri wants.

Doesn’t look very charismatic. My theory is the most successful managers at Wednesday have a big personality. 

But his record is very good to be fair. 

My worry is nothing about our squad indicates they will respond well to an authoritarian manager like Ivic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And by that time Cook will probably have been snapped up by a club that know what they are doing. Personally think missing out on Cook is a massive mistake. 

Agree, Cook seemed a good fit for us. Think this will come.back to bite us at some point. Maybe in a couple of months when we are looking for our next new manager.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

It’s an odd appointment.

On top of that it’s one that makes little sense.

Especially when there is a universally popular choice in Cook who has openly said come and get me. Cook has won 3 trophies at Sligo. Plus titles at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. He’s an absolute standout candidate.

I have noticed Ivic has sort of a decent record in Israel and Greece but you have to question the competitiveness of those divisions in comparison to the Championship. 

All in all, very disappointing. 

I’m sorry You can’t question the Greek league as a negative while you quote cooks 3 trophies in the Irish league as a positive 

and cook wasn’t a universally popular choice either 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Exactly.... Israel and Greece are football backwaters. Equivalent to being successful in the Welsh League or Irish league.

It just highlights some of the obvious things we all know;

- he wants a coach, not a manager. 
- Paxo with his links is the real man in charge of SWFC

- DC I’m sure will be aware that a decent proportion of fans would like to see Cook in charge, and PC has been spoken up by other people in football yet does his own thing as per

- the desperate need to get a DOF in! 

We need a manager who is going to bring the fans and club back together after the few years we’ve had! I fear this one won’t based on what I’ve read.