Vladimir Ivić

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf, the general feel I got from Watford fans after Ivic was sacked is that Deeney holds a lot of sway and influence within that dressing room and perhaps not in a good way. 

yeah I’ve heard the same, he comes across that way as well imo, someone that others look up to and follow in his steps, if the manager falls out with him he will turn other players against him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Paul cook tho :tango:

this guy has won leagues and cups. Paul cook is the unemployed former Accrington manager.

good call from the Chairman if true.

He’s got a big personality though and that means you’ll be a success here. As long as this bloke wins games he can be as silent as a dormouse 

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

People were begging for pearson last week who also got sacked by Watford.

being sacked by Watford is a bit like sleeping with an all saint band member in the 90’s.  You feel left out if you are one of the few blokes who haven’t yet been sacked by Watford .

Good point. That article doesn’t fill me with any confidence at all though. Literally screams Tony Pulis. Same style, little flexibility in tactics, 4-5-1, disciplinarian. 

After that style of management only lasted 10 games. Is this really a wise choice? 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thanks for the information. Possibly 2 confirmed Serbs (you&him) maybe with Wednesday then haha?

Believe it or not there is facebook page Sheffield Wednesday Balkans, this amazing club is bigger and known more than you think and it deserves better than Chansiri.

I hope Vlad gets things right though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Couldn’t make it up.

This guy has a decent record. But apparently the players didn’t take to Pulis and his style which is commonly known to be very strict and disciplined. Reading that Watford article this bloke sounds like Pulis on steroids! 

It’s an odd appointment.

On top of that it’s one that makes little sense.

Especially when there is a universally popular choice in Cook who has openly said come and get me. Cook has won 3 trophies at Sligo. Plus titles at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. He’s an absolute standout candidate.

I have noticed Ivic has sort of a decent record in Israel and Greece but you have to question the competitiveness of those divisions in comparison to the Championship. 

All in all, very disappointing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, striker said:

We'll see. I'm not against him for the sake of it. 

But, managed 183 games in his entire career, all but 22 in  Greece and Israel, hardly hotbeds of football and only lasted 22 games in his last spell in the championship.

I don't recall Watford being particularly attacking, rumours of fallouts with players suggests to me he ain't going to be here long. 

Not the choice I'd have made, but will accept for what it is, a short term appointment. Survival in our own hands so our own fault if we fizz it up with another ill judged managerial appointment.

Not our fault but another Chansiri f.. k up. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How many times has he listened to his advisers though? Now on our 5th manager in 3 years.

I agree with that but for everyone who says Cook is a safe pair of hands, there’s someone who disagrees. He won’t please everyone.

for what it’s worth on Cook. I have spoken to one highly respected coach at another club and he says Cook should be brought in but I’ve also spoken to another whose played under him who says he can’t stand him. Difference of opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 0114 said:

It’s an odd appointment.

On top of that it’s one that makes little sense.

Especially when there is a universally popular choice in Cook who has openly said come and get me. Cook has won 3 trophies at Sligo. Plus titles at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. He’s an absolute standout candidate.

I have noticed Ivic has sort of a decent record in Israel and Greece but you have to question the competitiveness of those divisions in comparison to the Championship. 

All in all, very disappointing. 

Absolutely. It’s alright saying he’s won things abroad. So had Jos Luhukay. He was a disaster. Greece and Israel hardly world renowned leagues. 

Let’s see what he can do if true. Pray to god he proves me wrong. But wouldn’t not be surprised if we’re looking for a new manager again in a few months. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yeah I’ve heard the same, he comes across that way as well imo, someone that others look up to and follow in his steps, if the manager falls out with him he will turn other players against him. 

Get the sense that Troy likes the sound of his own voice. 

He has certainly never been shy to given his opinion and get himself on the tv, radio and so forth. 

Think he does Talksports breakfast show on a part time basis. Personally, I think players should be saving that stuff for when they retire. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. It’s alright saying he’s won things abroad. So had Jos Luhukay. He was a disaster. Greece and Israel hardly world renowned leagues. 

Let’s see what he can do if true. Pray to god he proves me wrong. But wouldn’t not be surprised if we’re looking for a new manager again in a few months. 

Yep and by then Cook will be managing elsewhere. 

People actually saying he failed at Watford, despite them being 5th after 22 games which isn’t too bad for a relegated club who I note best players were not available for long periods.

Watford have a track record of hiring AND firing good managers.  Rodgers, Dyche, Silva, Jackett, Pearson, Jokanovic, ivic?

Maybe Ivic will be good for us?  He was highly rated before the Deeney mob chased him out of town 

• Love 1