Vladimir Ivić

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Feel quite gutted that it won’t be Cook getting the job. Really do feel in our position he is exactly what we need. Bit of a character, big personality and done a  good job at a club with shocking owners before. Ivic looks as dull as dishwater, not someone the players and fans will warm to at all.  I hope Ivic turns it down and we move on to Cook. 

This is a big thing for me. Need someone with a personality who can galvanise the fanbase. Some of the most successful managers here have had that. Megson, Carlos, Laws, Charlton, Big Ron, Sturrock. All larger than life characters who I think understood the fanbase.

Not sure that is this guy. 

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

True. We can call for DC to put a proper structure in place all we want, fact is he won’t. So I suppose the best we can hope for is stumbling across someone who is happy to work under DC. Last three managers haven’t, so surely he’ll get one right soon? Won’t hold my breath.

I do find it funny how DC can say he doesn’t like defensive football or ‘the old English’ style like Bruce. Yet the past four managers he’s appointed are well renowned for being quite negative in style. Then this bloke who got sacked by Watford for setting them up to conservatively.

lol

DC doesn't have a clue when it comes to managers. 

Like a few of those he has appointed when picking the team/formation, I swear he and his "advisers" use a tombola when selecting the next one. 

There is no rhyme or reason, no continuinty from one appointment to the next. 

He got somewhat lucky with Carlos who, despite some on here hating the bloke, is actually a half decent manager (just look at what he's doing in Portugal). 

Since then, only Bruce has proven to be a decent appointment and one which didn't work out for other reasons. The others have been woeful appointments. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Paul cook tho :tango:

this guy has won leagues and cups. Paul cook is the unemployed former Accrington manager.

good call from the Chairman if true.

Jos had won cups.

This bloke has been sacked just a few months into his first job in English football. Bodes well. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I don't think this bloke is any bodies stooge.

He reminds me of a bond villain. 

We'll see. I'm not against him for the sake of it. 

But, managed 183 games in his entire career, all but 22 in  Greece and Israel, hardly hotbeds of football and only lasted 22 games in his last spell in the championship.

I don't recall Watford being particularly attacking, rumours of fallouts with players suggests to me he ain't going to be here long. 

Not the choice I'd have made, but will accept for what it is, a short term appointment. Survival in our own hands so our own fault if we fizz it up with another ill judged managerial appointment.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

This is a big thing for me. Need someone with a personality who can galvanise the fanbase. Some of the most successful managers here have had that. Megson, Carlos, Laws, Charlton, Big Ron, Sturrock. All larger than life characters who I think understood the fanbase.

completely agree. Just been listening to some interviews with him, sounds so dull and uninspiring. We need someone we can get behind. I don’t think he will be. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We had Pulis, the greatest press conference manager ever and he was a total disgrace.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Watford where in 5th when he left, currently in 6th. Seems he fell out with players, mainly Deeney who seems a big leader in the changing room. I just really feel he’s not the type of manager we need. 

Tbf, the general feel I got from Watford fans after Ivic was sacked is that Deeney holds a lot of sway and influence within that dressing room and perhaps not in a good way. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Paul cook tho :tango:

this guy has won leagues and cups. Paul cook is the unemployed former Accrington manager.

good call from the Chairman if true.

I have to agree. Some posters on here seem to think Cook would automatically succeed, where is the proof of that? 

Every appointment is a gamble.

This guy has a good record and is young, hopefully he will bring some new ideas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

Article in Sports Journal (Serbian paper that Star quotes) is from journalist who texted me about Vlada refusing Serbian FA.

Not sure about him honestly, he never managed in Serbia so I can't give much input but I hope he does well. I still can't believe he got job ahead of Cook.

Thanks for the information. Possibly 2 confirmed Serbs (you&him) maybe with Wednesday then haha?

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Jos had won cups.

This bloke has been sacked just a few months into his first job in English football. Bodes well. 

People were begging for pearson last week who also got sacked by Watford.

being sacked by Watford is a bit like sleeping with an all saint band member in the 90’s.  You feel left out if you are one of the few blokes who haven’t yet been sacked by Watford .

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf, the general feel I got from Watford fans after Ivic was sacked is that Deeney holds a lot of sway and influence within that dressing room and perhaps not in a good way. 

I’ve heard the same. Deeney rules the roost and the manager stood up to him, the manager lost.

• Love 1