Just now, SiJ said:

Quite. 

He plays a defensive brand of football, though defensive doesn't necesarrily mean aimless hoof ball, se we will see. 

One upside is he may be quite content to be just "head coach" and work within the current "structure" that we have. 

True. We can call for DC to put a proper structure in place all we want, fact is he won’t. So I suppose the best we can hope for is stumbling across someone who is happy to work under DC. Last three managers haven’t, so surely he’ll get one right soon? Won’t hold my breath.

I do find it funny how DC can say he doesn’t like defensive football or ‘the old English’ style like Bruce. Yet the past four managers he’s appointed are well renowned for being quite negative in style. Then this bloke who got sacked by Watford for setting them up to conservatively.

lol

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, striker said:

Another Paxo stooge. Roll on the summer and another recruitment process for a new manager I suppose. 

I don't think this bloke is any bodies stooge.

He reminds me of a bond villain. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, marshy said:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18958888.go-wrong-watford-vladimir-ivic/

Not the greatest way of getting players motivated. I can't see him lasting too long here if he goes down that route. Sir Alex could be an abosolute tyrant, yet managed to get the best out of his players. If he comes here with the heavy attitude, players will simply get him fired. Dull defensive football.

I genuinely feel we're missing a trick with Paul Cook. 

This honestly just reads like the foreign Tony Pulis ffs.

30 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Cue pro Cook meltdown.

rj8GGZBe4r-12.pngcookie_monster_angry_by_hiilikestuffxd-d 

22 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

5B132879-BB29-4456-8D1E-57B68F3BA3A1.jpeg

Haha brilliant, how long you been saving it haha?

• Haha 2

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

DC had a pop at Pulis for not playing two strikers.

lol 

That’s DC for you, what he says and what he does are 2 different things. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Why do you think he's associated with Paixao?

Paxo has drawn up the shortlist for for a start. 

Paxo also very friendly with the Pozzo's at Watford (which is why we bought FF and gave them millions for the crock which was Abdi) his former employer.

Moreover, random foreign manager with limited managerial experience....has Paxo written  all over it. 

Edited by striker
Just now, 0114 said:

That’s DC for you, what he says and what he does are 2 different things. 

Couldn’t make it up.

This guy has a decent record. But apparently the players didn’t take to Pulis and his style which is commonly known to be very strict and disciplined. Reading that Watford article this bloke sounds like Pulis on steroids! 

• Like 1

Feel quite gutted that it won’t be Cook getting the job. Really do feel in our position he is exactly what we need. Bit of a character, big personality and done a  good job at a club with shocking owners before. Ivic looks as dull as dishwater, not someone the players and fans will warm to at all.  I hope Ivic turns it down and we move on to Cook. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I don't think this bloke is any bodies stooge.

He reminds me of a bond villain. 

That stare is just nasty.

Welcome Vlad (if we may call you Vlad) please kick some arse's!!!

• Thanks 1

Would not surprise me at all if Ivic gets it. The fans have given their preference. Expect DC to ignore that and go for another half-baked idea. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Take a look at his track record and then compare it to Coleman’s? 

I have done. Rookie like, and reading about his time at Watford it looked like an absolute nightmare.