Vladimir Ivić

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doesn’t play the attacking football Chansiri wants.

Doesn’t look very charismatic. My theory is the most successful managers at Wednesday have a big personality. 

But his record is very good to be fair. 

Quite. 

He plays a defensive brand of football, though defensive doesn't necesarrily mean aimless hoof ball, se we will see. 

One upside is he may be quite content to be just "head coach" and work within the current "structure" that we have. 

• Thanks 1

Article in Sports Journal (Serbian paper that Star quotes) is from journalist who texted me about Vlada refusing Serbian FA.

Not sure about him honestly, he never managed in Serbia so I can't give much input but I hope he does well. I still can't believe he got job ahead of Cook.

• Like 1

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18958888.go-wrong-watford-vladimir-ivic/

Not the greatest way of getting players motivated. I can't see him lasting too long here if he goes down that route. Sir Alex could be an abosolute tyrant, yet managed to get the best out of his players. If he comes here with the heavy attitude, players will simply get him fired. Dull defensive football.

I genuinely feel we're missing a trick with Paul Cook. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Quite. 

He plays a defensive brand of football, though defensive doesn't necesarrily mean aimless hoof ball, se we will see. 

One upside is he may be quite content to be just "head coach" and work within the current "structure" that we have. 

True. We can call for DC to put a proper structure in place all we want, fact is he won’t. So I suppose the best we can hope for is stumbling across someone who is happy to work under DC. Last three managers haven’t, so surely he’ll get one right soon? Won’t hold my breath.

I do find it funny how DC can say he doesn’t like defensive football or ‘the old English’ style like Bruce. Yet the past four managers he’s appointed are well renowned for being quite negative in style. Then this bloke who got sacked by Watford for setting them up to conservatively.

lol

• Thanks 2