Vladimir Ivić

3 hours ago, Quist said:

Ivic will qualify did 25months at Israeli club. Same rules now as for rest of world. I do not know if needed work permit previously. 

New coach at Watford would not qualify under new rules apparently. This suggests they rushed signing through before we left EU. 

Does any of that matter in post brexit Britain? NOBODY is allowed in, unless they have covid or are Boris' mate. 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Does any of that matter in post brexit Britain? NOBODY is allowed in, unless they have covid or are Boris' mate. 

They only have to prove they do not have Covid. But it does impact anybody arriving from abroad. I doubt if any of foreign coaches would come to UK for interview it would be done Zoom. 

Cook will have been interviewed same way.

I could not see anybody being announced until training ground open again whichis Wednesday. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Quist said:

They only have to prove they do not have Covid. But it does impact anybody arriving from abroad. I doubt if any of foreign coaches would come to UK for interview it would be done Zoom. 

Cook will have been interviewed same way.

I could not see anybody being announced until training ground open again whichis Wednesday. 

Just listened to the Guardian pod about post brexit football. Apparently you have to have 24 months in charge of a club in a high tier country. So Ivic would be questionable depending on where he was before Watford and for how long. They said that as his previous clubs were Molde and only a small time at Balckburn, Solskjaer would be refused a work permit for the man u job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Just listened to the Guardian pod about post brexit football. Apparently you have to have 24 months in charge of a club in a high tier country. So Ivic would be questionable depending on where he was before Watford and for how long. They said that as his previous clubs were Molde and only a small time at Balckburn, Solskjaer would be refused a work permit for the man u job. 

Any chance Chansiri can be refused a permit to own a football club? 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

He spent 2 years in Israel, but I doubt it would be high tier. Is it high tier for football or the country it's self?  

53 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Well seeing as he never managed Blackburn, I think it would have limited him even further. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I read an article from Guardian and said they had to have in last 5 years either 36 months in work or one period of at least 24 months in work in tiers 1 -5. This is much wider than you indicated. The higher tier football I thought only applied to players

This is a bit unfair as League 1 in Israel is preferable to League 3 in Spain. It would certainly mean few would qualify.

I am not sure which are higher tier countries I suppose it depends on FIFA ranking.  Many managers on list worked in Japan and China presumably they are not in higher tier.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

If correct and we all lump on now at 20-1, we could buy DC out on friday, sack Ivic on Saturday and have Cook in place ready for the start of next week.

Everyone wins!

I DON"T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT I WILL LOOK FOR YOU, I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL KILL YOU. 

7-2.jpg 

17 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Thursday shitstorm day. Ivic day! 

16 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Just passing info on. We shall see. Think we all need clarity either way. 

Thanks for your information anyway. Yeah hopefully someone gets announced soon, I would be happy with Ivić though.