Vladimir Ivić

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Would you like to provide more information on this. For example what has your pal got right in past?

Does he work for club?

Is he friend of someone at club?

It sounded genuine to me as all right hallmarks.

I have asked around today and quite honestly would get more info out of mafia. No one else has indicated anything as far as I can see. His price is woth having a touch on if it is true. Have you gambled on him?

If it was him...and it was common knowledge enough for it to be amongst a circle of itks. Betting would have been halted by now.

• Like 2

My source still confident He will get the job. Says no british manager interviewed. So far only. Ivic, Jemèz, Fink, Weiler and Lage. Called it right with a few transfers previously so has a decent track record. We shall see. Personally not opposed to Ivic however think Cook long term could do a good job. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

My source still confident He will get the job. Says no british manager interviewed. So far only. Ivic, Jemèz, Fink, Weiler and Lage. Called it right with a few transfers previously so has a decent track record. We shall see. Personally not opposed to Ivic however think Cook long term could do a good job. 

But according to your source Cook hasn't been interviewed, whereas the local press hint that he has....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Lage would not satisfy work permit rules which are pretty clear. Therefore seems ridiculous interviewing him. Very similar list to Nixon he had Baltazhar and Morais (neither of whom are likely to qualify for work permit) in list instead of Weiler and Ivic.  

It is fair to say discussions have taken place between Cook's representatives and Wednesday. These were still happening on Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Lage would not satisfy work permit rules which are pretty clear. Therefore seems ridiculous interviewing him. Very similar list to Nixon he had Baltazhar and Morais (neither of whom are likely to qualify for work permit) in list instead of Weiler and Ivic.  

It is fair to say discussions have taken place between Cook's representatives and Wednesday. These were still happening on Friday.

I thought that he needed work permit for Watford job as well since he's from Serbia (non EU country)? Unless he has dual citizenship (Greek?), then he wouldn't need one for Watford job, but needs one now because of Brexit.

16 hours ago, belgrade_owl said:

I thought that he needed work permit for Watford job as well since he's from Serbia (non EU country)? Unless he has dual citizenship (Greek?), then he wouldn't need one for Watford job, but needs one now because of Brexit.

Ivic will qualify did 25months at Israeli club. Same rules now as for rest of world. I do not know if needed work permit previously. 

New coach at Watford would not qualify under new rules apparently. This suggests they rushed signing through before we left EU. 

• Like 2

On 10/01/2021 at 13:39, JOHNHARKES said:

I think my overall top 3 appointments from looking at everything would be 1. Cook 2. Ivić 3. Fink and 4. Maybe Weiler (need to do some research on him still.) 

Wouldn't mind Ivic.

His training methods should be reflected on the pitch, and that would be a welcome change from the last few years..

He's already blooded in this league and don't well.

And with a lot of turnover in the squad expected in the squad (again), this summer then there's an opportunity to build the kind of side he actually wants rather than having to get old, comfortable players (as Deeney was) to step up to the level.

Feels like we could do an awful lot worse.. and have in the last 3 appointments.

• Like 1