Very Underwhelming To Say The Least

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Please tell me why we need a manager who knows the league? 

Did Pep, Klopp, Bielsa, Lampard, Gerrard and more know the leagues before they went to their respective clubs? 

If they are good tactitians, good at man management and in our case, MAD , then that's all the qualifications they need. 

In all seriousness I think Cook is the right man. Not sure about him dealing with Chansiri but that will apply to every manager. 

We're so weak that a manager will need every advantage at his disposal to beat the drop.

You're right, but the managers you cite went to relatively strong teams in their respective leagues.

Jos was a disaster, but we'd too much quality and firepower to go down.

If he were in charge of this current outfit we wouldn't have a chance.

Guest Andy W
13 hours ago, sage owl said:

You'd have to have a complete set of fruitcakes running your club for Barton to have any chance. 

Wouldn't touch Barton with 1000 bargepoles strapped together

Shocking thought even for this club

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We're so weak that a manager will need every advantage at his disposal to beat the drop.

I reckon we are in the shyte because the two previous managers were too strong and experienced and knowing the league...didn't really help much.🙂

I've gotten that passive to the whole circus now I'm saying juet let Thompson stay on as caretaker till the end of the season. Just don't give him it permanently. 

History is littered with clubs that sacked managers put a caretaker in charge and avoided relegation certainty. Then they get the job permentant and last a few months before the sack the following season. 

3 hours ago, snaykz said:

Relegated due to a 12 point deduction which was given through no fault of Cook. Even then he very nearly kept them up despite having one of smallest budgets in the division. 

I’ve seen a few people on here trot out the same line you did. It’s one of the most disingenuous arguments you’ll see on Owlstalk in recent times. 

But you know that already. 

I wouldn't mind him as manager if it was to be him. But the success he has had is at a level below what we are at and way below where we would expect him to ultimately take us.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If it wasn't for the points deduction they would have finished above us last season...you do know we're not Barca don't you. 🤣

The success he has had is all in the leagues below the championship is it not.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The success he has had is all in the leagues below the championship is it not.

I think finishing above us in the league on a shoestring budget, producing young players that have been sold on and playing an attacking brand of football is a success compared to the dross we've had to endure over the last 12 months

30 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think finishing above us in the league on a shoestring budget, producing young players that have been sold on and playing an attacking brand of football is a success compared to the dross we've had to endure over the last 12 months

That's no guarantee to get us promoted though is it. Which is the task the new manager will be given long term.

He wouldn't be a bad appointment. But there are much better people our there with more experience and success at a higher level who I would go for first.

17 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Doesn't matter who I want, any manager worth their salt won't touch us whilst Chansiri is here.

Actually the opposite is true. Get it right and you're a hero. If it doesn't work out, blame the chairman. No lose situation.