Do you have a manager that you passionately believe should come?

Guest Grandad

Hard to get passionate about any potential manager right now

Or anything else Wednesday related. Apart from the goon that's running us into the ground

Hard to say who I'd like to see, so many managers have become journeymen as most jobs seem to last only a year or two at max. I wouldn't want to "waste" any potential future great here. Chances are that they are decent but things once again just don't work here, possibly ruining their chances of joining us if one day the whole foundations of the club are healthy. Until then, it's more or less a game of survival season in, season out.

No, I don't have any strong preference for a manager. This is due to the ownership and how the club is run, I think no matter how good the manager it can't compensate for our shortcomings, so left in the void of, what's the point. 

There was one I was vehemently against even before he was appointed, Pulis (I was never ever going to support him). There are a few linked that I think will be bad appointments, but being pragmatic this time round Cook is possibly the best sensible option on the reported shortlist, bit I'm not desperate for him to get the job. 

I would passionately like a manager who could bring a whole new ethos to the club and have the charisma to be able to do it. Something like the Klopp revolution at Liverpool. A manager like Bergkamp or van Basten from that age of Dutch football that you know would instill a modern, attacking style of play and attract the players that could do it.

So, you could say that I passionately want a type of manager rather than a specific one.

• Like 1

Roy Keane and Micah Richards combo , filmed for Amazon prime . Would be comedy gold. Make Chansiri loads of money . Results would be terrible but to see Keane tearing into our players while Micah laughed would be more entertaining than anything monk or pulis  offered up. 

Or Pearson , probably Pearson to be fair! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Does anyone have a manager that they absolutely passionately definitely want?

I'm not talking about who you think you'd like

I'm talking about a manager who you absolutely completely believe is the man. The one that we should 100% get, and that you passionately believe with every ounce of your body should be the one we commit our future as a football club to?

Me? Nah not really. 

I've not seen anyone else screaming out like mad for someone either

Is that a sign that there is nobody out there who's a definite must-have manager?

Are all managers 'much of a muchness' these days and similarly bland and uninspiring?

Or are you not getting your hopes up only to be scuppered by Chansiri pulling some old Michael Gove style geezer out of retirement from his golf course and giving him a couple of million quid to come for a few months?

What about you?

Do you actually have someone who you totally passionately believe should be our man?

I think until the issues with the chairman and how he runs the club are sorted by getting in people who know how to run football clubs, not agents who can take the ******** out of the chairman's bank balance.

It really does not matter who we get as manager, For me I think Paul Cook would be a great fit for the club, did well at Chessy, Portsmouth and Wigan and plays a good style of football. His last 3 clubs he has had over 100 games at each which suggest he stays for a few years at each and all have been promoted when he was there and he has a career win record of over 43% from nearly 600 games in comparison Warnock career win rate is only 40%. But if he is working with both arms and legs tied behind his back nothing will change.

DC wants to make a statement to get a new man in get Shaw, Bannan, Lees and Reach signed to new deals this week, then the new man knows the club are not just looking to stay up this year but to plan for the future.

One of the reasons we can’t come up with a name that we could all get behind, is because we, or the club should I say, are still thinking short term. This rules out plenty of credible options who might be capable of building something sustainable. It also means that we then consider potential firefighters like Pulis, who seems to go against the clubs supposed long term ambitions. Right from day one, when Carlos was appointed, he had the ridiculous remit of promotion within 2 years. Our approach to player recruitment was equally short term, and when the legs started to go, and we found ourselves struggling at the wrong end of the table, we brought in Jos, with the brief to keep us in the division. He did, though we probably would have stayed up anyway, had we stuck with Carlos. We then had a stroke of good fortune, as Bruce appeared on the scene. Not a particularly inspiring coach, and a bit old school dour, but someone with an impressive cv in the Championship He was the steady hand, and may just have been the manager DC could trust with a longer term project. As I said, not inspirational, but good in the transfer market, and with the uncanny knack of getting teams promoted. 
Bruce was then lured away by his boyhood favourites, and given that we were by then, restricted to loans and frees, the chance to manage his boyhood idols, in the Premier League, was an opportunity that he would have been mad to turn down. At this point, I think DC was still of the mind that, if he could find the right manager to continue what Bruce had set in motion, a more sustainable approach towards building a promotion squad. I never thought that Monk was going to be that man, but I can imagine that the chairman and his advisors were taken in by what Monk told them. Talking the talk, and walking the walk are two different things though. Anyway, so then we were back in panic mode, and the ridiculous appointment of Pulis. As short term an appointment as you could get, and so it proved. So now we are here again, and we don’t know which way the chairman will flip. That is reflected in the fan base, with half the fan base wanting someone to come in with a short term brief of, avoid relegation at all costs, while the other half are craving a bit more longer term planning. 
Those are two different remits, so it’s not surprising that we can’t come up with a universally accepted candidate.

• Like 4

its a hard call this

there is no stand out man I passionately want out there at the minute so  the answer to your question is no

But what I want and think we need is a manager who as a player has won things or done things to be respected and is young enough for the current group to have grown up watching,

a man who is old school fiery enough to tell them when they've messed up and the players to know it and possibly fear him,

a man who also adopts modern training and playing ideas 

And a man who sees this as a long term project and a club he can build and mould from the ground up

A lot to ask for I know lol