Do you have a manager that you passionately believe should come?

Does anyone have a manager that they absolutely passionately definitely want?

I'm not talking about who you think you'd like

I'm talking about a manager who you absolutely completely believe is the man. The one that we should 100% get, and that you passionately believe with every ounce of your body should be the one we commit our future as a football club to?

Me? Nah not really. 

I've not seen anyone else screaming out like mad for someone either

Is that a sign that there is nobody out there who's a definite must-have manager?

Are all managers 'much of a muchness' these days and similarly bland and uninspiring?

Or are you not getting your hopes up only to be scuppered by Chansiri pulling some old Michael Gove style geezer out of retirement from his golf course and giving him a couple of million quid to come for a few months?

What about you?

Do you actually have someone who you totally passionately believe should be our man?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

No, and that has been the way since Carlos left.  During his first couple of seasons he seemed the perfect fit not had that feeling with others managers we have had since.

All other potential managers none have really jumped out to me as yes we must get him on board.  Most of the UK based managers come across as uninspiring with nothing new to offer.

The club needs a manager who is flamboyant and can back it up with results and bring some positiveness to the club, just have no idea who that could be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not totally convinced with anyone because let’s face it with the way we are run, it’s going to take a special personality and I think that’s what we need to get everyone Chairman, Players and Fans all on aboard the Wednesday Train.

That’s why Carlos worked, he had that enthusiasm and charisma that went a long way to lifting the entire place to a level it hadn’t been for a very long time. It only really started to go totally wrong when he was totally swayed by the methodical methods that had made the likes of Bruce, Warnock and Pulis successful in the past. I think he started to doubt if the brilliant football he had us playing in that first season could sustainably win us promotion and the play-off final debacle was the start of that.

I’d like us to try to get someone who has the playing gravitas of a Lampard or a Gerrard to try and lift the entire place even though it would undoubtedly be a gamble. For now I think sticking with Thompson provides our best chance of survival this season. Hopefully come the summer things will look a lot brighter.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with your sentiments with regards to Carlos but I really believed we were on the right track when Steve Bruce agreed to join us, regretfully his boyhood dreams scuppered that.

When we assess what current Managers have achieved there is probably only a short list that have done really good. But then how much money has their chairman had available to spend to build and develop a squad that blends together and can go on to win acclaim and prizes. Chansiri spent his millions giving Carlos that opportunity but with the situation we are now in my vote would be for Eddie Howe who in fairness has the respect in the football world, can attract players, has experience of the English Championship and promotion. I don’t think for one minute he would come to S6 but he would win my vote.

• Like 4

Nigel pearson would turn up , lose a load of matches, play the hard man in the boardroom and dressing room and be out on his ear after 6 months. 

We don’t need a charismatic manager. Pulis was the best manager I have ever seen with the media and was a car crash on the pitch.  Personally I would love to see a recently retired ex pro who is prepared to get their tracksuit on and do the work on the training pitch with a wily old coach next to him . The Parker / Gray combo at Fulham is a good example. 

something like Duncan Ferguson with someone like John carver alongside him .  

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

There isn't a manager i passionately want to come.

There are some managers I passionately don't want to come!

This.

Any manager will struggle with our current squad, but there are some managers who would be absolutely suicidal for us.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

There isn't a manager i passionately want to come.

There are some managers I passionately don't want to come!

Spot on.

There isn’t one name on the ever increasing list where I’ve thought “Yes, get him in”. The vast majority get a “Meh”, one or two I don’t want anywhere near our club.

• Thanks 1