Jump to content

Andy Hinchliffe “Chansiri wants to do the managing”


Recommended Posts

I do not think DC knows what he wants.

 

It would be improvement if he has a strategy I am not convinced.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:


 

If you owned the club and sank 350million into a sport you didn’t understand you’d all do the same

 

I would too

 

lol

 

Id bring back Owen Morrison and Paolo DiCanio and Ben Marshall and we’d be premier league by now 

If I'd put £350M into the club I'd want to play 🤣

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DC is a snidy chap because he named Jos as a manager only because the poor bloke got nothing to spend whatsoever apart from 50k for Pelupessy, who has perhaps worked out to be one of the few bargain players we have signed in recent years if you look at him against some of our players £ for £?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How much of DCs £350M do we actually have in our squad at the moment? I cannot imagine what scam is going off, but some dodgy pockets must have been filled. DC is moving money through the club but where is it actually going? If we had a fraction of that money in talent, say £50M, we should be realistically hoping to be in the top 3 shouldn't we? Something at our club is as thick as pigstools, or as bent as a corkscrew and surely nobody can be stupid enough to lose £300M. Can they? Apart from Reach, Rhodes and JVA the rest of the squad cost peanuts, came through the academy, or came on frees!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hinchcliffe said: "He [Pulis] was brought in to keep them up. You can see the sense in the appointment.

 

You only have to look at his track record to see what he has done with teams and what he possibly could have done at Sheffield Wednesday but the numbers aren't great.

One win in 10. They scored six goals and conceded 12. 
 

"I watched them play a couple of times they didn't look like they were playing high enough up the pitch to score goals and win games.

 

"It was an incredibly difficult situation but I think the major problem at Sheffield Wednesday is that if you want to be a manager there and you want to have a say in the running of the club and prospective transfers, that is maybe not going to happen.

 

"I think Chansiri wants a coach. He wants to manage the club, the philosophy, do all the transfer dealings and let the coach coach the players. 
 

"If you are talking about Paul Cook, Danny Cowley, Gus Poyet...if they want to go in as managers then I'm not sure that is going to be allowed because they want someone to coach the set of players and they do have a decent set of players there at Sheffield Wednesday.

 

"But I have always felt that the owner there seems to do the managing and they want someone to do the coaching.

 

"Danny Cowley had that problem when he was talking to Huddersfield about taking the job there.

 

He didn't want to be head coach. He wanted to be manager and have more control.

 

"I don't think Chansiri wants to give any coach or manager that type of control.

 

”He wants the control and for the coach to do the job and maybe that was where the frustration came in for Tony Pulis, not being allowed to maybe do what he wanted to do in January.

Thank you. Wise words, well spoken. Can we now focus on the real issue at this club? Not the managers, not the players, not new transfers; but the owner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this is a bit of shít stirring - but it would explain why Pulis didn't want to speak to Chansiri if Chansiri is indeed telling the manager which players he wants in the team.

 

This is what Chansiri said about sacking Pulis:

 

Quote

We need to play attacking football. We need to play two strikers, not 5-4-1. We changed the plan after (Pulis left); we played more attacking.

 

Alternative conspiracy theory is that Pulis went out of his way in the press conference to say he wanted to talk to Chansiri regularly as PR, knowing full well that his plan was to ignore him and therefore engineer his own sacking.

 

Not sure how plausible either are - but if neither are true, that Chansiri doesn't interfere in team selection and Pulis wanted to work closely with the Chairman then there would have to be another reason why they were seemingly incapable of talking to each other. Here's Chansiri again:

 

Quote

I don't understand why he didn't call me. I tried to text him all the time. I told him to report to me at least once a week.

I wanted to talk to him but he didn't want to talk to me.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, daleblue said:

I think it makes sense, Chansiri owns the club so should manage it as he see's fit, Pulis was not doing what our leader

wanted and got the results which shows Mr Chansiri is right.

 

Lets get behind our leader and stop all this moaning.

This been a prime example of what I'm talking about.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an issue in football nowadays. When you take people who are used to total control they can't let managers manage. They talk of an over all philosophy and claim they use advisors. Saying it's a way to better manage the club. The reality is it has just caused a surge in managers getting sacked very quickly. You pick a manager to impart their philosophy and then help them to make that work with signings over transfer windows. The only success the 'new' way is when a successful manager moves on and the next manager us taking over a confident success squad. That's down to the previous manager. Owners spend money and want success but don't understand the nature of sport and want to control. This unfortunately disrupts the coach and continues the problems. Throw in to that the owner choosing players and managers based on advisors..... Do these advisors agree, do they differ and if so how does that inexperienced person chose to continue listening to on advisor and listen to another. Do they know how the advice fits together to have the same philosophy. I think a very experienced person in football trying to figure out what advice to take will be hard so how does someone with no experience before he took over and even with his knowledge to date he's learning in the middle of a hurricane with all the control. Being able to learn while having all the work in running the club from no knowledge, how can he stop listening to an advisor when his knowledge base is so limited. It makes it really possible that someone in Chansiris position could easily fall in to chopping and changing or becoming reliant on an advisor. 

 

This I think is the major challenge of having powerful owners who want to be successful but want to just pick it all up instantly when many of us who have watched football for a Lifetime and many with decades of experience and qualifications coming output of their ears still struggle to be successful.... Having money and success in one area is great but it doesn't transfer sometimes and they really seem to just fight to prove all nehy sayers wrong instead of accepting they are human and need to take time before owning a club to learn. If not about football to make their direct decision s but to learn who to trust in helping making the decision s.

 

For now supports are at the mercy of powerful people who want success but don't want to accept they don't know how to get it and that's not that they are stupid but is because of the respect that football demands. You can't just role up and smash it because you have money and in another area have mpbeen hugely successful.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mr Chansiri does like to feel that he is 'in control' of everything ...and to that extent , since by his own admission he knows very little about football , he perhaps did the right thing in appointing advisors to guide him .

 

What the last 3 or 4 years have clearly shown however is that the man he has often relied upon to guide his recruitment ...the 'shadowy' Paixao...does not appear to have the best interests of the club at heart ...or conversely that he doesn't actually know enough about building effective teams.

 

Too often the recruits have been 'past their best' in   terms of age ...or injury prone ...or duplicating positions and skills which we already have in abundance  - and too often these players also happen to be 'on the books' of the very man who is recommending them .

 

I think many  of you reading this will , I think recognise this situation  and regret it. Unfortunately Mr Chansiri , for reasons best known to himself , is continuing to hang on every word that this man is saying to him ...whilst regarding advice or observations from other sources that confict with that given by Paixao as designed to undermine his own authority - when actually in the main ...it arises from a great sadness at seeing what following his advice has , and continues to , bring upon this once great club.  Until that situation changes . It is difficult to see any  football manager /coach achieving success  regardless of his previous experience or successes.

 

Recruitment is key .( ask Brentford, for example ) ..but for years we have not been getting it right. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

This is an issue in football nowadays. When you take people who are used to total control they can't let managers manage. They talk of an over all philosophy and claim they use advisors. Saying it's a way to better manage the club. The reality is it has just caused a surge in managers getting sacked very quickly. You pick a manager to impart their philosophy and then help them to make that work with signings over transfer windows. The only success the 'new' way is when a successful manager moves on and the next manager us taking over a confident success squad. That's down to the previous manager. Owners spend money and want success but don't understand the nature of sport and want to control. This unfortunately disrupts the coach and continues the problems. Throw in to that the owner choosing players and managers based on advisors..... Do these advisors agree, do they differ and if so how does that inexperienced person chose to continue listening to on advisor and listen to another. Do they know how the advice fits together to have the same philosophy. I think a very experienced person in football trying to figure out what advice to take will be hard so how does someone with no experience before he took over and even with his knowledge to date he's learning in the middle of a hurricane with all the control. Being able to learn while having all the work in running the club from no knowledge, how can he stop listening to an advisor when his knowledge base is so limited. It makes it really possible that someone in Chansiris position could easily fall in to chopping and changing or becoming reliant on an advisor. 

 

This I think is the major challenge of having powerful owners who want to be successful but want to just pick it all up instantly when many of us who have watched football for a Lifetime and many with decades of experience and qualifications coming output of their ears still struggle to be successful.... Having money and success in one area is great but it doesn't transfer sometimes and they really seem to just fight to prove all nehy sayers wrong instead of accepting they are human and need to take time before owning a club to learn. If not about football to make their direct decision s but to learn who to trust in helping making the decision s.

 

For now supports are at the mercy of powerful people who want success but don't want to accept they don't know how to get it and that's not that they are stupid but is because of the respect that football demands. You can't just role up and smash it because you have money and in another area have mpbeen hugely successful.....

Good post.  

 

It's an interesting subject.  DC admitted himself when he first took over that he knew nothing about football.  So he goes and brings someone in who says he has 25 years experience in football so DC puts all his faith in this one guy to make all the decisions off the field, with regards to head coaches, players etc.  Super agents, if can call them that.  

 

For me, if you tally up the years and knowledge of the fanbase as a whole, it is far greater than 25 years, yet the owner would rather take the word of one guy over the collective fanbase, I don't get it personally.  

 

It's one of the reasons why we are perpetually in a right mess.   

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

Thank you. Wise words, well spoken. Can we now focus on the real issue at this club? Not the managers, not the players, not new transfers; but the owner.

 


I think he just did


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get DC in his tracksuit. Coaching, picking the team, managing tactics, team talks. It would be ace entertainment. Netflix would buy it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heppers said:

Get DC in his tracksuit. Coaching, picking the team, managing tactics, team talks. It would be ace entertainment. Netflix would buy it. 

 

 

To be fair I think the only parts of that we're missing is the tracksuit and the Netflix bits

 

lol

 

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:


 

 

You don’t know who makes those decisions tho 

So you really think DC keeps bringing the players back in the mix, then putting them in to the cold again, then bring them back again? Never did whilst Monk or Jos were here. It just doesn't make sense. 

 

It's just the same old excuse of blaming DC for the sides failings by saying he picks the team, when there is no evidence of that what so ever.

 

There are plenty things he can be criticised for so people should stick to them which are true rather than baseless claims like this.

 

As for the coach part, could maybe so? It did bring us our most successful period and best team for a couple of decades. It would be interesting to know how things operated under the various managers we've had. Notice how DC wasn't credited for picking the team at that point though

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Hinchcliffe was the 90’s Alman Abdi and for that reason alone anything he says can be considered nonsense. 
 

Never, ever have I been so excited about the signing of a left back. Such a let down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...