Joey Barton

Firstly who's wasting all their money betting on Barton...... Because to appoint him would be moronic. I can't believe Chansiri could be that stupid! 

As for Thompson...... is it going to be like Bullen does well at first but then it all goes down hill..... Because this isn't mid table obscurity and waiting till next season to challenge it's survival. 

Cook is the only on mentioned who has a decent record on paper. The rest are gambles, some crazy options.

Right now it's starting to feel like when we got Jos! Chansiri can't decide so asks for more options and picks a dud.

No disrespect to Thompson but it's bad when there is only possibly Cook or him that are at all possible not daft options,  maybe one of the others arnt that bad but some in the betting I wouldn't want if I was a Bradford fan.....

To do this day I cannot understand why people take notice of bookies odds in these situations.

An example - say 10 of us on here clubbed together and chucked 50 quid each in (no this isn't one of DC's money making schemes), we then put a random selection of football managers names in a hat, drew one out and put the monkey on it they'd suddenly become one of the favourites tomorrow - thats how unrealistic it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

To do this day I cannot understand why people take notice of bookies odds in these situations.

An example - say 10 of us on here clubbed together and chucked 50 quid each in (no this isn't one of DC's money making schemes), we then put a random selection of football managers names in a hat, drew one out and put the monkey on it they'd suddenly become one of the favourites tomorrow - thats how unrealistic it is.

Monkey? Have I just fallen it a Minder alternative universe?

Cor blimey mate, have a banana.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toppOwl said:

All of our previous 5 managers became the bookies favourite before they were appointed.  Most of them suddenly jumped to the top on the day of the announcement  (Carlos, Luhukay, Monk), but Bruce and Pulis were favourites for a week or so beforehand.  

Yes bookies can not be trusted but whoever gets appointed will appear at the top of the bookies before the announcement and this is a football forum so it’s a topic of conversation.  

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is it a chicken and egg situation? 

The bookies chuck some random odds out to attract bets 

Or

People put load a money on somebody they want and the odds come down? 

Favourites don't always win. Thankfully in Barton case. 

I can't for the life of me think of one reason why we need a person like that. 

Appointing Barton would show we have scraped the barrel Until there were holes in it.

I don’t actually doubt his football knowledge, but he is infamous for his character flaws and at some point they will resurface, we don’t need the aggro. 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

All of our previous 5 managers became the bookies favourite before they were appointed.  Most of them suddenly jumped to the top on the day of the announcement  (Carlos, Luhukay, Monk), but Bruce and Pulis were favourites for a week or so beforehand.  

Yes bookies can not be trusted but whoever gets appointed will appear at the top of the bookies before the announcement and this is a football forum so it’s a topic of conversation.  

Bookies don't want to lose money, managerial appointments can quite easily be leaked so anyone even with a sniff of a chance will suddenly go to ridiculously low odds. My point was you could get any name up there as favourite if you suddenly put a flurry of bets on, it doesn't mean there's any substance to it and this will be the case with Barton, it was just coincidence he got sacked on the day that news filtered that we were close to making a decision.

• Like 1

Doesn’t it just show the utter pointlessness of the betting odds sites, from the point of view of who might get the job? Barton won’t get anywhere near the Hillsborough job, in fact I’d be extremely surprised if he even got an interview, or more than a two word reply to an application. We certainly won’t be inviting an application from him. This guy's antecedents go before him and a club like Wednesday would not want that sort of stain on their reputation. What next, Ched Evans to replace Rhodes?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Doesn’t it just show the utter pointlessness of the betting odds sites, from the point of view of who might get the job? Barton won’t get anywhere near the Hillsborough job, in fact I’d be extremely surprised if he even got an interview, or more than a two word reply to an application. We certainly won’t be inviting an application from him. This guy's antecedents go before him and a club like Wednesday would not want that sort of stain on their reputation. What next, Ched Evans to replace Rhodes?

Remember that phase we went thorough of bringing in all of footballs bad boy players with horrific reputations?

lol

That didn’t work out well 

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Can't possibly get Barton what with his disciplinery record and falling out. Who the heck advises Chansiri with even him being on the list ffs

And how do you know he's even on Chansiri 's list? Cos skybet have him on theirs? 

7 hours ago, ashley8 said:

So enlighten us..... who'd you want?

The enlighting bit is, it doesn't matter.

Cook might be ok, he might not.

It's the 'safer' bet and others would be gambles is just BS. Every single one are gambles, there is no such thing as a safer bet.

Barton, Fink, Thomson etc etc etc  may be ok or maybe not.

The unknowns may be ok or maybe not....