Joey Barton

From Sky

Joey Barton leaves Fleetwood Town

Fleetwood are 10th in League One after 20 matches played; Joey Barton loses his job as Fleetwood boss after managing just one win since the end of November; Fleetwood announced the news in a brief statement on the club's website: 'Joey Barton has left the club with immediate effect'

Monday 4 January 2021 15:13, UK

Fleetwood Town have parted company with manager Joey Barton.

Barton, who was appointed Fleetwood boss in April 2018, leaves with the club 10th in League One with 20 matches played this season.

The former Newcastle, Manchester City and QPR midfielder had seen his side manage just one win in their previous eight games, losing twice and drawing five of those.

A club statement on Monday confirmed his departure: "Fleetwood Town can confirm manager Joey Barton has left the club with immediate effect.

"We would like to thank Joey for his work during his time at Highbury Stadium and wish him success in the future."

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

With Daniel Stendel as his assistant?

Forgot about that

April 2019 Barton was involved in an incident which left the former Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel with a damaged tooth and was due to stand trial last summer having pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. That trial was put back to June 2021 because of Covid-19.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cannot stand this short ar53d little 2hat one bit. I hope he is never ever part of our club.

I can honestly say there are a few people I would punch if I saw them in public, and this guy is near the top of the list.

• Haha 2